Are you against 1350 prices?

Yes 129 70.49%
No 54 29.51%
Voters: 183. You may not vote on this poll

@Riot This is what the community thinks about your 1350 prices.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ravenshire

11-14-2012

Personally, if skins were half the prices they are (which is a lot closer to what I feel is fair,) I'd probably own three times the number of skins I do currently. That lower price point would make it a lot more attractive for me when I feel like dropping five bucks, since I'd feel like I was always getting something worthwhile out of it.

Unfortunately, they have a full marketing team that is dedicated to pricing, and they disagree.

Toshironikko

11-14-2012

the way i see it - arcade sona looked like it was defintely going to be 1825 legendary - turned out to be 975. going back to when they just started making better quality skins - i thought firefox ahri and blackthorn morgana were gonna be legendary they were definetly alot better than the 975 we had at the time but they came out at 975 ~ now we getting these new skins and they wanting to make them 1350? i was sceptic about kha'zix's price since it was a glorified rammus/jayce but when it comes to lulu her model is ugly - at least to me. Now having said that i will admit i bought this skin because well while i dont agree on the price i feel its better than the other two (which i own too). The only reason i say that is because i DO like the animations of spyr- i mean pix. But still doesnt deserve to be 1350 if they made the other ones i mentioned be 975

CerealBoxOfDoom

11-14-2012

As long as it fuels something I enjoy its fine

bunies

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ioki View Post
Yea I'm confused as to why they can't have a higher standard skins while upholding the same price. Why is changing every little thing automatically = more RP.

its this fun thing called greed

MonarchWill

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2012

Skins are becoming too expensive!

Ashlea

11-14-2012

I'm not for it and I'm not really against it either. I mean, it's pretty situational, isn't it? In my opinion, Dragon Trainer Lulu is a really nice skin, but I wouldn't buy it for the sole fact that Pix is ugly as hell as a pink dragon (that is the ugliest dragon I have ever seen). Is it 1350 worthy? Well, I guess it depends how much you like Lulu. I don't think it's 1350 worthy because I like Lulu, but I don't really play her that much. My friend, however, would beg to differ and would argue that the skin is definitely worth the price.

Gimme a Soraka skin and I'd pay 1350 no matter how much it didn't deserve to be that price. :|

TTTintillo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2012

Plz people, after voting post, so the thread gets bumped.

A Pillòw

11-14-2012

WTF, who buys skins? It's pretty tough to decide to buy something that you never see in action. What I want Riot to do is give us a "Free Skin Weekend" once a month, where we get to use every skin there is. Or put them on rotation with the free champs, meaning the champs on free rotation have all their skins unlocked, this would allow us to start seeing them all as well as possibly entice people to buy more. It's what I call a " WIN WIN" solution.

Arrevax

11-14-2012

As a frequent purchaser of skins, I'm against the new prices (especially Pulsefire Ezreal's. I only bought it because it was on sale when it came out). The main reason behind Mecha Kha'Zix's price is that he has multiple models, due to his evolving aspect. The decision to make those extra models was Riot's choice; they should have known that creating Kha'Zix skins would require extra work. The same applies to Zed's shadows (in case anyone hasn't heard, Shockblade Zed is 1350 RP, too) and Pix. Creating these new champs that have more visual effects and using their flair as a reason to charge more for their skins is not right in my book.

aspect8

11-14-2012

I know right? I know when I work that I like to be paid the same, regardless of how much work I actually do. I have no problem doing a 12 hour work day when I'm only getting paid for an 8 hour work day, because getting extra money for extra work is just greedy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Pillw View Post
It's pretty tough to decide to buy something that you never see in action.
Five seconds on YouTube will fix that for you.

Guys, it's real simple. If the skin is too expensive for you, don't buy it. If noone buys it, the prices will either drop, or Riot will change their approach to skins. If other people keep buying it, then obviously other people don't have an issue with the price.