Why Syndra is still so bad

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SevSaint

11-14-2012

ummmm... i think, once a pro learns her she will become as ez and vlad was.
Vlad was a weak champ till get got played alot. Ez was considered a **** carry untill people figured him out.
Shes really, really, really, great in lane.
Her Q is easy to harrass with and cheap. She has 3 aoe spells and so shes a great farmer. Get chalice and blue buff and she will carry hard.
Her skill rotation is
Q, ult, E (stun person, or possible stun whole enemy team), q w q.
In a matter of 2 secs she can burst any mage down!

A Pillòw

11-14-2012

Being able to grab and hold, which basically neutralizes, a Promoted minion is OP.... except no one even uses Promote.... CR@P!

**** is blocked?! Get up to date on censorship! B!TCH is allowed on TV and radio now.

Princess Nagi

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invictrix View Post
why do people keep saying this?

It isn't true. Amazing platinum players consider having one on your team as a reason to dodge. She isn't a high skill champion no one has figured out she is a weak champion no one can figure out.
I rather go by diamond players not dodging with her on team then platinum players dodging as an indication.

Apollinarius

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SevSaint View Post
ummmm... i think, once a pro learns her she will become as ez and vlad was.
Vlad was a weak champ till get got played alot. Ez was considered a **** carry untill people figured him out.
Shes really, really, really, great in lane.
Her Q is easy to harrass with and cheap. She has 3 aoe spells and so shes a great farmer. Get chalice and blue buff and she will carry hard.
Her skill rotation is
Q, ult, E (stun person, or possible stun whole enemy team), q w q.
In a matter of 2 secs she can burst any mage down!
Landing Q is hard.

Ulting an enemy is harder. That range...

The stun will probably hit if you get an ult off on a champion so you have more orbs. With luck, you can follow up with a Q after before they just move out of the way.

Most of the time, you will Q, they will dodge it. You will move for another Q, and then they'd burst you down.

Syndra even loses to melee AP champions like Eve and Kat, simply because they outburst her, and she gets crushed by ranged AP champions like Anivia and Orianna because they have much better farming/zoning skills than Syndra.

Apollinarius

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litoeon View Post
there are a ton of differences with her....
she can cast while moving
she can cast multiple spells at the same time...
her poke in the first few levels is just amazing due to the fact she can melee and cast at the same time
her stun is extremely reliable in a team situation when she has multiple balls on the ground

max that cool down ASAP
get that mana regen up
always keep balls / minions nere at all times
Orianna does the same thing, except that Orianna's Q costs less mana, her W does more damage and slows for more, and her E provides passive resistances and is a strong shield.

Oh yes, and Orianna's autoattacks scale with AP so they actually do damage and her passive increases the autoattack damage further. All Syndra's passive does is make her Q do more damage than Orianna's at rank 5.

You have a good match history with Syndra, but I'd have to see those wins happen in ranked to actually believe that she can be strong. I have seen one game where the Syndra did well, but it was more of a case where her whole team was doing well rather than her outperforming.

Ansaa

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollinarius View Post
Landing Q is hard.

Ulting an enemy is harder. That range...

The stun will probably hit if you get an ult off on a champion so you have more orbs. With luck, you can follow up with a Q after before they just move out of the way.

Most of the time, you will Q, they will dodge it. You will move for another Q, and then they'd burst you down.

Syndra even loses to melee AP champions like Eve and Kat, simply because they outburst her, and she gets crushed by ranged AP champions like Anivia and Orianna because they have much better farming/zoning skills than Syndra.
Landing Q isn't that bad. The fact that you can move while casting all of her spells allows her to cast Q even while fleeing, or while chasing. Although its usually used for the former.

And I absolutely agree with that range. I propose her Transcendant passive upgrades Unleashed Power at Rank 3, increasing its range. It is needed to burst down weaker targets, since it is wasted against tanks.

On the topic of her Passive, why not give it an additional effect? Why not passively increase her AP by a little based off how low/high her mana is. Or something.

And her Ultimate... its very boring. Its a single target damage spell, and nothing feels worse than setting it up (Which is very hard to do) ulting, and letting them escape with 25 Hp left. Its just awful. Why not add another effect to it, a slow, an armor decrease, or a stun?

Litoeon

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollinarius View Post
Orianna does the same thing, except that Orianna's Q costs less mana, her W does more damage and slows for more, and her E provides passive resistances and is a strong shield.

Oh yes, and Orianna's autoattacks scale with AP so they actually do damage and her passive increases the autoattack damage further. All Syndra's passive does is make her Q do more damage than Orianna's at rank 5.

You have a good match history with Syndra, but I'd have to see those wins happen in ranked to actually believe that she can be strong. I have seen one game where the Syndra did well, but it was more of a case where her whole team was doing well rather than her outperforming.
No Problem... I I've got her down to continue ranking with her. I'll even post results and a video compiled of all the matches

Beija

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ansaa View Post
Her win rate is so low because she is a high skill champ, people who can't play her perfectly lose, and lower the rate.

And she does need to be perfect to win, she needs to land her Stuns and Ws and Qs, otherwise she is just feed for the enemy.

She is better than she was before, but I hate her passive. Its useless early game and she needs to have a good early game to do better later in the game.

That is by far the dumbest thing you could ever say.

A high skill champion by definition is biased in itself.

What makes her "difficult"?

Everything she has is a skillshot? She has low health? You can't just say, "hard mode herp" without explaining exactly why she loses in every elo and in normals...

Jesus the Friend

11-14-2012

She could stand to gain a little buff yes.

Not too big because then we have another Katarina on our hands.

Apollinarius

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litoeon View Post
No Problem... I I've got her down to continue ranking with her. I'll even post results and a video compiled of all the matches
Good luck You seem to have a better grasp of how to be good with her than most.

She was my first (and only) bundle purchase because I love her Judicar skin and I love the casting while moving mechanic. I was expecting her to be a more damage oriented version of Orianna but lacking the massive utility. I was very disappointed

Fortunately, she's decent in Dominion because kiting ftw and it's easier to farm up the Rylai's which I find really turns her into a beast. That slow is a really good addition to her kit, but you can't afford it on SR, what with needing an Athene's just to be able to farm.