AP or Hyrid Poppy?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

daredevil39

11-14-2012

Which has a scarrier late game and which is just overall better for your team? also which do you think has the most damage?

1st HanarSpectre

11-14-2012

Pure AP has the highest burst, but not much after one person is dead.
Pure AD has good sustained damage forever.
Hybrid has a mix of burst and sustained at a lesser level.

Oddric

11-14-2012

It depends on what you need to do. AP is almost never a good option. AD is good if you're getting fed and want to scale out of control and decimate the enemy team. Tanky bruiser is good if you're losing the lane and not getting fed and want to just become a meat shield for your team.

A lot of people think Poppy should only build lots of raw damage. But a Poppy with Trinity Force and Wit's End/Frozen Heart/Randuin's Omen/Force of Nature (not all of those, those are just the best options) is pretty much impossible to kill and still deals a **** ton of damage.

Thaenor

11-14-2012

My vote is Triforce AD Poppy

Perhaps the only viable melee carry, although you have to wait till uber-late game to really get going.

daredevil39

11-14-2012

So what im getting AP poppy is just a one shot wonder thats done after her first burst, Hybrid/AS poppy scales out of control and will ruin a team? just trying to make sure i got it right

Ben Caxton

11-14-2012

One of the beauties of Poppy is that you can alter your build on a game by game basis, I like hybrid though, just cause I so rarely get to build hybrid items.

Nana A Deviluke

11-14-2012

Triforce
Infinity Edge
Phantom Dancer
[Situational Boots] - I usually get Attack Speed. Merc treads if every opponent on enemy team has some form of hard CC (Aka: nobody 'safe' to ult)
[Optional Defensive Item] - I usually get a vamp scepter for the life steal. At this point my enemies are crying at their fountain anyways.
[Optional Item] - I've never gotten this far into the build. I think I'd honestly build a Rabadons or Zhonya's for a little more burst or a little more burst with even more survivability if focused (aka: forced to kill the person I ulted due to poor timing/good enemy positioning).

After the Triforce/IE/PD I'm usually decimating at least half their team with 1 ult. Usually their ADC/APC/Support are all dead by the time my ult even wears off.

E:
The weird thing about Poppy is I'm almost always behind in farm in lane. At least.. if my opponent is any good. I have outfarmed an Ahri mid before... I might even give 1-2 kills....I probably lost my tower... but even after all of this....
I completely decimate their team and make them cry to the Yordle gods that Poppy will just stop. The moment I get 3 items into my build.

Quote:
So what im getting AP poppy is just a one shot wonder thats done after her first burst, Hybrid/AS poppy scales out of control and will ruin a team? just trying to make sure i got it right
Think of AP Poppy as Veigar. A single target nuke - but the person you hit WILL DIE and with your ult you WILL get away with it.

Think of AD Poppy as a sustained faceroller who can't be CC'd by enemy team (unless you ult someone with CC), can't be killed for 8 seconds (unless you ult their ADC or something...), and can kill someone in 2 seconds when built (especially glass cannon carries). You can ult, run in, whack 3 people to death, and run out untouched.

From my experiences AD Poppy is a little faster to farm your build up. Generally a much scarier late game. Better at carrying your team. Generally more awesome in most team comps... unless your team really needs someone with AP...

daredevil39

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nana A Deviluke View Post
Triforce
Infinity Edge
Phantom Dancer
[Situational Boots] - I usually get Attack Speed. Merc treads if every opponent on enemy team has some form of hard CC (Aka: nobody 'safe' to ult)
[Optional Defensive Item] - I usually get a vamp scepter for the life steal. At this point my enemies are crying at their fountain anyways.
[Optional Item] - I've never gotten this far into the build. I think I'd honestly build a Rabadons or Zhonya's for a little more burst or a little more burst with even more survivability if focused (aka: forced to kill the person I ulted due to poor timing/good enemy positioning).

After the Triforce/IE/PD I'm usually decimating at least half their team with 1 ult. Usually their ADC/APC/Support are all dead by the time my ult even wears off.

E:
The weird thing about Poppy is I'm almost always behind in farm in lane. At least.. if my opponent is any good. I have outfarmed an Ahri mid before... I might even give 1-2 kills....I probably lost my tower... but even after all of this....
I completely decimate their team and make them cry to the Yordle gods that Poppy will just stop. The moment I get 3 items into my build.

Think of AP Poppy as Veigar. A single target nuke - but the person you hit WILL DIE and with your ult you WILL get away with it.

Think of AD Poppy as a sustained faceroller who can't be CC'd by enemy team (unless you ult someone with CC), can't be killed for 8 seconds (unless you ult their ADC or something...), and can kill someone in 2 seconds when built (especially glass cannon carries). You can ult, run in, whack 3 people to death, and run out untouched.

From my experiences AD Poppy is a little faster to farm your build up. Generally a much scarier late game. Better at carrying your team. Generally more awesome in most team comps... unless your team really needs someone with AP...
are there any tips for lane poppy? 1st tier items that would help the laning phase?

DubstepDatSiK

11-14-2012

Early game you just want to farm so stack resists on your rune pages and go 9/21/0 in masteries, if I'm against an ad top I'll take ad reds and armoir everything else (8.5AD, 32 Armour) against AP top I take AD reds, Armour yellows, flat mr blues and quints (8.5AD, 12-13 Armour, 24 Magic Resist) I usually always start boots pots because you need to cs and not get harrassed too much wait for a 4th pot if possible. My build is usually Tri-Force>Frozen Heart>Zeal>IE>PD>GA

RedDavidson

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2012

I play Poppy top, Hybrid/Trinity AD. You generally wanna lane against AD champs top, she does really well against them because of how much ridiculous early game armor she can get with her w, along with runes/masteries/armor + 5 pots. If you face anyone else, grab regrowth + a pot.

If you're totally outlaning your opponent and get an early kill, spring for sheen as fast as you can. If you're airing on the cautious side, a philo stone is recommended. You want to get to your trinity as fast as possible, which means staying in lane as much as you can for as long as you can. Farm, farm, farm. Don't forget your boots(Ninja Tabi or Mercs only, really) and once you have your sheen, start harrassing with your q a lot.

I reccomend 9/21 with flat dmg reduction, flat armor, flat HP, movement speed buffs. In the offense tree, I get flat AD, CDR, and 10% Magic pen, because of how her q works.