Best Champs to try Jungling with?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Chopinator

11-14-2012

OK- I have Nunu, Fiddlesticks and Warwick unlocked, they are called out as junglers on my champion page.

So which of these is best to try and start jungling with for a Level 11 Summoner?
Are any of these going to be useable at higher levels as a jungler?
If no to the above, what Champ should I get (or any from below)?

Thanks.

PS Champs I have are-
Alistar, Amumu, Annie, Ashe, Cho, Evelynn, Fiddle, Janna, Kayle, Malphite, Master Yi, Morgana, Nasus, Nunu, Rammus, Ryze, Sivir, Teemo, Tristana, Tryndamere, Viergar, Warwick and Zilean.

Kyrie Friegraf

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2012

You should be careful about the jungling thing.

Nunu and Warwick are the simplest junglers; with runes, they can jungle naked, so I believe they'd be fine without them. Fiddle's a bit more... interesting to use.

In my experience Cho'Gath is similarly easy to jungle since you can't miss with his Q.

Nunu and Warwick are also usable at max level and decent Elo.

You can basically jungle anything with a full rune page, but don't quote me on that, because I still find it hard to successfully jungle anything with a full rune page.

InsaneSamurai

11-14-2012

I'm pretty new to the game in general, but fiddlesticks seems to do quite well in the jungle with some ability power items once you get a couple ranks in drain and his bouncy crow thing. If you do the crow first and then let drain go its full duration on the toughest of the monsters they usually go down without fiddlesticks taking too much damage.

Fs Son0fSilas

11-14-2012

As I said in one of your other posts, make sure you have a top that can handle themselves.

That being said all 3 can jungle without runes. WW has very weak ganks pre-6 (without his ult he won't do much, though he is good for clearing Dragon early) and his clear times are average. However, he is one of the easiest junglers to use. Also average at counter jungling.

Fiddlesticks has good ganks, but his clear times are below average. He's also blue dependant, you may need to fight you mid for the second blue at 7 minutes. Post 6 his ganks are insane, he can litterally come from almost any where, fear, and then have dealt massive damage with his ult. He is especially good at ganking bot as he can avoid most ward placements by ulting over walls. If you have a 2v1 top it's even easier. I generally wouldn't waste your ult trying to gank enemy solo lanes though (that's just me). He's also below average as a counter jungler.

Nunu is by far on of the best counter junglers. He has Consume, which is equivalent to having two smites. He can quickly get into the enemy jungle with blood boil, then clear the large creep in an enemy camp in seconds. With Red buff, snowballs, and blood boil it's hard to run from him. Gank lanes that have overextended for the best ganks. He may not be able to stun, but his slow on top of Red will keep someone pinned down for a long time. He is also great at ninja ganks. What this means is have your team push aggressively. While the lane is pushed out, move into the side bushes without being seen. Without minions or wards they shouldn't have any way of knowing you're there. Post 6 he can ult and clear 3/4 a life bar before they even know what hit them (the enemy doesn't see the animation if it's done from the brush unless they already have vision on you).

Out of those listed Alistar, Amumu, Cho, Evelynn, Malp, Yi, Rammus, and Tryn have all been known to jungle.

Chopinator

11-14-2012

Thanks, Nunu it is

OriginalJack

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopinator View Post
PS Champs I have are-
Alistar, Amumu, Annie, Ashe, Cho, Evelynn, Fiddle, Janna, Kayle, Malphite, Master Yi, Morgana, Nasus, Nunu, Rammus, Ryze, Sivir, Teemo, Tristana, Tryndamere, Viergar, Warwick and Zilean.
From the champs you listed there are several legit junglers. They will not always be the right pick for the right situation but that's another story entirely.

Alistar, Amumu, Cho, Eve, Fiddle, Kayle, Malph, Yi, Nunu, Rammus, Trynd, and Warwick can all jungle somewhat effectively.

I'll try to lay out some pro's and con's for each ones I listed

Alistar - a little bit slow but his early ganks are no joke, often banned

Amumu - also a little slow but has lots of cc his ult can sometimes win teamfights by itself, downside is he is often banned in draft and if he gets counter jungled early he can struggle

Cho - a decent mix of cc, burst and tankyness but if you jungle him he will never get as scary as he can if you run him in a solo lane. IMO he is better top or mid but can still be effective

Eve - I feel like she's better mid lane right now but jungle eve does have that surprise factor because she can avoid wards but really if the other team is playing safe or buying pink wards she will have trouble making ganks happen and will fall behind

Fiddle - veeery situational but he can be effective on the right team with his aoe ult over a wall.

Kayle - I've never really been all that impressed with her jungle but it is possible. You will see better results with her top lane or even as a support imo

Malph - pretty solid jungler (lol) but he is often banned, he can do a lol without a lot of farm which more than makes up for his clear time

Yi - he's really dependant on red buff early to make ganks happen, I kinda consider him a very feast or famine champ, either things go really well or he's just completely worthless but hey when in doubt just ditch you team and try to backdoor

Nunu - a pretty strong counter jungler and his ganks are decent he sort of falls off late game but worst case in a teamfight you just use your W on your carry and make them blow CC on you trying to stop your ult he also really easy to play if you are just learning

Rammus - not in the best place right now after nerfs but he basically falls into the same camp as malphite as still being useful even without a lot of farm (malph does it better tho)

Trynd - kind of like Yi in that you either end up being able to 1v5 their team or you are useless

Warwick - most people will tell you that he's bad and that's partially true but he does have the advantage of being easy to play. His ganks pre 6 are sort of weak but they pick up once he has his ult, also he will usually be near full health most of the time while jungling which is a plus

MadTenuki

11-14-2012

Just a reminder the jungle is changing for season 3, but if I were you I'd learn with Maokai (free this week) and Amumu for the simple reason you can learn to gank with them without really sacrificing clear time since you only need to level up their disable once. Fiddle, Nunu, Malph are all good junglers, but their skills that make them good gankers aren't the same ones that allow them to clear jungle quickly so I think there's less margin for error for someone just learning to jungle since if you make it easier on yourself to clear creeps, you'll probably be less effective helping your lanes.

Fs Son0fSilas

11-14-2012

^ from what I understand, these jungle changes are REALLY going to strengthen Fiddlesticks jungle.