Why is any elo under 1700 elo considered "low elo"?

12345 ... 11
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

chaser676

11-14-2012

Copied from a popular ELO hell thread

Quote:
Ranked ratings are misunderstood. 1400 is INSANELY good from a statistical standpoint. It's the top 10% of ranked players . Even 1250 is top 25%. Those ratings are GOOD. If you were to compare League of Legends to Starcraft 2, 1400 and higher are diamond players while 1250 and higher are platinum players. This isn't even counting players below level 30 and the ones that have never played ranked. Keep in mind that Elo distribution is on a bell curve. If you claim to be a 1700 player then what you're actually claiming is that you're one of the top 2500 players in North America.
I've always been proud of my 1287 elo, even though I played those 20 games a year ago. I see gold as a huge achievement, and I have no delusions that I'm not even close to being as good as a plat level player.

tempnameA461

11-14-2012

Because people are stupid.
/thread

PVPMaiMai

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by tempnameA461 View Post
Because people are stupid.
/thread
^

Hi Guys I Suck

11-14-2012

It is good, but plat is like the top 2% of the playerbase. Thats probably why people say that.

AlphariusRising

11-14-2012

It really is amusing to see people ignore somebody's opinion based on their elo. "Omg you don't play ranked, therefore when you say that Hecarim is a jungler, you are wrong!"

pochoclotot

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2012

I reached 1370 last season and felt kinda lame because I didnt make gold, but apparently it's not something to be ashamed off. be proud of your elo! you earned it for a reason.

pochoclotot

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphariusRising View Post
It really is amusing to see people ignore somebody's opinion based on their elo. "Omg you don't play ranked, therefore when you say that Hecarim is a jungler, you are wrong!"
That's because Hecarim is not a jungler, he's a sonic critboom machine.

DepressiveMan

11-14-2012

1700 Elo is not even top 10 000 in NA... and people at 1200 Elo sucks, that's a fact.

Ðucktales

11-14-2012

so by you rlogic. if one would play placement games to get gold off the bat then quit ranked for the rest of the season to get gold. they are good? gtfo you dont deserve any rank if you dont play ranked consistantly over the season. noone deserves to be below a ranked player that never plays

Kanako Kurusu

11-14-2012

Because it is low and I barely hit it last season and I'm ashamed of not being better.

12345 ... 11