Insane robotic minds?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Maronin Rers

11-14-2012

Okay, sooooo lately I have been doing quite a few intermediate bots games, and it seems like every game is too difficult in many ways.

Their reaction timing is like someone who has an IV of fortified energy drink going directly into their veins, tanks are harder to take down a locomotive by throwing small stones at it, and mages/carries seem to do double damage of what they should be regularly doing.

Is it just me, or is the leap to intermediate from more simpler difficulties beyond enjoyable or passable?

CowMeat

11-14-2012

Don't worry, once you learn their patterns intermediate bots will become easy. Their reaction times are sometimes good. But they will always play similarly. Try starting with boots and red potions for better sustain.

Cat 6th

11-14-2012

There is no hard in Coop vs AI, so maybe intermediate is hard in game terms.

The real problem is that new players that should learn the basics on the game jump inmediately to intermediate level, and I had some game where the 4 of my teamates were newbies, going from 0/15/1 to 0/22/0. and the bots fed so quickly that they bought the full build + 4 pots (maybe oracle too).

When you arrive to an intermediate gameplay it will become "easier" as @Cowmeat said.

IS134793e5f3c35e84c7d25

11-14-2012

bots are incredibly easy to predict when they would toss out their abilities, also insanely easy to juke dodge their skill shots.

someone like zilean whom of which you just sit back wait for him to bomb a minion then you just go aggressive when it's on cooldown, and he won't be able to do much.

bots are incredibly predictable when it comes to map placement. if they are pushing down a turret, all you need to do is push another lane and all the bots would stop what they are doing to gank predictably. you can fall back if out numbered.

your entire team can go all mid in bot games every game and once you push down that mid turret, all the bots from other lanes start to go mid too, and make it an aram game.

the are insanely predictable, the skill shots are easy to dodge if YOU juke it, they don't have perfect aim if you know how to juke them.

they key to beating bots easy is not drawing the game out. they earn gold faster than you. You just push your way to victory and don't spend too much time worrying about defending turrets the bots are pushing at, just push another lane, and the bots would never win.

typically the best champs against bots are ranged ad carries, you can take down turrets fast, and the damage you do is derpy. stay aggressive and chip em down with your auto attack any chance you get. don't waste time worrying about freezing the minion lane at your turret against bots as much as against humans. bully those bots out of lane and stuff, if your lane is the most pushed the bots gang up in that lane, just go to another lane and take down that turret. or keep luring all 5 bots to your lane so your other 2 lanes can take free turrets, but your other lanes usually are new players who won't do that, so typically you would go mid and take their turret for them to be safer.

If you feed the bots and draw the game out long on purpose then it can turn into inferno mode in diablo, and you don't want that. slit their throught early and often and have no mercy.

OhBoyItsaMegaman

11-14-2012

Bots have good coordination and are able to instantaneously decide to focus down a single person. The best way to get an advantage over the bots is to get an early kill, or force them out of lane early. It's super easy to bait them into chasing you at level 1; even when there's no way for them to get the kill, they'll run past the minions to get to you. (Protip: when someone issues a command to attack you or used a targeted ability on you from outside of their range, you can tell because their champion will be outlined in yellow. Back off as soon as you notice this.) If you're quick, you can lay down some major harassment after they change their mind and try to retreat behind the minion wave. Do this a couple times and the bots will either get killed or recall. Either way, you can hit level 4 while they're still at 2 and then you're free to stomp them for the rest of the game.

Maronin Rers

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowMeat View Post
Don't worry, once you learn their patterns intermediate bots will become easy. Their reaction times are sometimes good. But they will always play similarly. Try starting with boots and red potions for better sustain.
Yeah, most games I start off with I get a few health potions, and they are worth the 35 gold for 150 health!

Their patterns sure are easy, even so it's been hard to work around their style and I have to bring one or two people to take down a tank or mage.

Maronin Rers

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sukh01 View Post
There is no hard in Coop vs AI, so maybe intermediate is hard in game terms.

The real problem is that new players that should learn the basics on the game jump inmediately to intermediate level, and I had some game where the 4 of my teamates were newbies, going from 0/15/1 to 0/22/0. and the bots fed so quickly that they bought the full build + 4 pots (maybe oracle too).

When you arrive to an intermediate gameplay it will become "easier" as @Cowmeat said.
That's one major issue, people need to learn how to grasp the basics before getting zero infinity zero'd.

I do what I can to give advice to people who are having trouble, yet it feels like it's too much for people to take in!

Maronin Rers

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damein Sandow View Post
If you feed the bots and draw the game out long on purpose then it can turn into inferno mode in diablo, and you don't want that. slit their throught early and often and have no mercy.
The bots sure are predictable when it comes to switching lanes, yet it seems so hopeless when they all crowd up and steamroll through turrets...

Should take your advice about...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damein Sandow View Post
bots are incredibly predictable when it comes to map placement. if they are pushing down a turret, all you need to do is push another lane and all the bots would stop what they are doing to gank predictably. you can fall back if out numbered.
...what you said about pushing, even when it comes to losing towers, having a few people split up and push other lanes seem to help and even provided they start to run to you when they're done, it's simple enough to hide into some brush and make your way back to everyone else.

Your advice is very helpful and detailed, kind sir.