Loading Border Should Be Based on Queue

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SuicideCreamPuff

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
I generally agree. I'll bring this up with Yegg.
You only agree because you are plat in teams, and silver in solo Q.

Suzuteo

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nzo View Post
Why is the OP getting flamed because he is a better team player and he enjoys to play with friends rather than solo. It's like we're advocating selfish play and avoid social contact.

The internet these days..
Seriously. I hate Solo Queue, and once I hit Gold tier, I stopped playing it except when a lower Elo friend would ask me to play (or when I forgot how bad it was). And then they slapped me with a soft reset for maximum Elo. So Team Queue was my only way to get the rewards. -_-

Dreampod

11-14-2012

Quote:
Thank you. I felt a little unhappy the fact that what you guys constantly promote for e-sports is premade 5's but when it comes to rewards the solo queue is favoured rather than the real game. It is kindof a kick in the ass with a frozen mukluk that players who focused on premade 5's (or 3's) don't get to show off their swag in normal games but solo queuers can. I wouldn't mind if normal games showed no borders, if it showed your best border for that map, or showed your best border overall - but choosing to favour the players who invested less effort with more recognition sucks.

Combuztion

11-14-2012

Quote:
Hey Morello, would it be possible to do this by map? I personally feel like the higher of solo queue or premade 5s should be shown for normal 5s.

seajaydub

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuffTime View Post
Well I'd personally be content if it was map by map.

For example, if you get gold in solo and diamond in 3v3, you get the gold border in solo and the diamond border in 3v3 etc.

But it seems a little odd to me right now.

Another thing I noticed, I only get my diamond border in ranked 3v3s. Meaning nobody is ever going to see it except the people I already got the rank with.

I'd much rather have the credibility of being a good sound player with me in solo queue so that people will be encouraged to have me on their team, instead of seeing the gold border and perhaps not taking me quite so seriously.

Maylbe I'm not understanding the point of the borders. If they are just to make the individual players happy, then I would assume giving the player diamond on everything if he got diamond in one queue would be the best course of action.

Just something I was thinking about :]
That would also be pretty nice. I was originally under the impression that all rewards would be based off of your highest elo, like they apparently were in season one. I was 1800 and let it decay for months because I thought that all the rewards would be based off of highest elo and I know I am a much better 3s player than 5s player. If I had known that rewards were based off of each queue, I would've gotten plat in solo queue.

Suzuteo

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Combuztion View Post
Hey Morello, would it be possible to do this by map? I personally feel like the higher of solo queue or premade 5s should be shown for normal 5s.
This. I think this is the best way to reward everyone for participating, especially in team games, which Riot pushed so much this year.

seajaydub

11-14-2012

I think it would be pretty nice to show off the diamond in normal games as well, instead of the gold. Pretty sad I didn't get the platinum in solo q now, it would've been very easy to get that 50 extra elo.

DuffTime

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by seajaydub View Post
That would also be pretty nice. I was originally under the impression that all rewards would be based off of your highest elo, like they apparently were in season one.
Yeap.

seajaydub

11-14-2012

Why did it change?

Samdrows

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by seajaydub View Post
That would also be pretty nice. I was originally under the impression that all rewards would be based off of your highest elo, like they apparently were in season one. I was 1800 and let it decay for months because I thought that all the rewards would be based off of highest elo and I know I am a much better 3s player than 5s player. If I had known that rewards were based off of each queue, I would've gotten plat in solo queue.
I mean...Riot did mention in the end of Season 2 FAQ what queue's certain borders were going to be shown. There is no excuse for not at least trying to get platinum in solo queue. Riot was even trying to promote play in all three queues rather than one specific.

Though I agree that for normal 3s, your ranked 3s border should be shown.