FeralPony and Roku Discuss Preseason Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Illegal Doctor

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeralPony View Post
We won't be doing Synergy as there are a few issues with it that Morello talked about in a previous post. Most of the gold pressure reduction is going to be outside the mastery changes through a number of smaller adjustments (gold flow changes, items like the Sight Stone Xypherous revealed earlier etc).

The one mastery we are adding specifically gold related in Utility is a mastery called "Pickpocket" that grants gold upon attacking an enemy champion. This will allow active supports a bit more gold while harassing their opponents, while also being useful for other character types that spec into deep into Utility.
I foresee many bananas in the future. Many many many bananas.

ShinigamiXII

11-13-2012

I don't even play support because of its passive nature and lack of gold. This pickpocket idea/change really makes me want to actually consider support and not be upset about it. Good job Riot.

Xelesta

11-13-2012

Pickpocket is more generous to melee support?

I don't think Blitzcrank has more risk related to him being melee.

InShortSight

11-13-2012

No moar surge,? WHY DONT YOU JUST FRlGGEN DELETE TEEMO COMPLETELY THEN, SOME OF US DO THINL SIZE MATTERS YANNO AND I THINK CHO GATH AGREES

Blue Dragon96

11-13-2012

No more singed with surge and ghost...:'(

ImpetusZero

11-13-2012

Might need to see all those new masteries soon..

Expl0r3r

11-13-2012

I liked more the idea of the Synergy mastery, I was hoping that when we play supports we could buy items and do something more late game, making the support role more fun. I understand that the Synergy mastery would force all supports to spec into the support tree, but the Pickpocket mastery feels like it discriminates some supports and favors others and I dont see it beeing balanced equally to everyone (the risk of getting killed on some supports is lower compared to other supports)
I think it also makes you lose even more if you are already behind. Also if you are against a burst lane and you are playing with soraka, it might not be the best idea to go aggressive.
Alistar can also abuse this with W> auto atack in mid air > enemy champion goes flying > you retreat.
Also if the other champions can take this mastery, some champions will get the same quantity of gold the supports are earning, so we will be at the same gold distance again, defeating the porpouse?
Upgrading from a toaster to windows 2000, while everyone is using windows 7, doesnt make anyone want to be that toaster guy.

This is just my opinion, I just want the support role to be more fun, cya. (im from euw, sorry for the random smurf)

savov

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2012

Do you plan on tweaking the flash cooldown depending on if u use it aggressively (as gap closer, getting closer to enemies) or defensively with benefits to aggressive use?

Kasper

11-14-2012

cool

NameNotHere

11-14-2012

if you nerf heal for single target then how will silsol win his games?