No Thornmail was a bad idea.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

McSwaggerJagger

11-13-2012

Firstly, I dont see why it was removed in the first place. Now all a vayne or mf has to do is get a few early kills. farm well and then by mid to late game they shred everything to pieces. If they have a comp liike Galio, Malphite, voli etc to protect them they just stred and without Thorn mail there is no direct counter.

ChampStat

11-13-2012

Because other huge armor items don't exist.

CoonSan CoonSan

11-13-2012

Because thornmail is a complete noob trap. Frozen heart/Randy Omen are far better. Hell just getting a wardens mail is a million times better then thornmail.

WillWW

11-13-2012

Ad's run rampant now. Full ad teams. Don't think about having an ap carry on the team. Not enough consistent damaged output. I played j4 with a fid and zed vs zed, lee sin, and wukong. Had frozen heart and randuins. Zed and fiddle couldn't put out enough damage to combat the negations of my equipment. And then of course I was destroyed even with like 210 armor thanks to armor pen.

SaveTheMaids

11-13-2012

Randuin's and FH are better in most cases.

However, the combination of Thornmail and Wicked Hatchet was stronk.
Too stronk for champs like Tryndamere, Yi, and Sion.

MauxFire

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-13-2012

I think it was a pretty effective shut down for one item build counters for adcs. Though it does seem to have a serious problem of letting the regular bruisers run rampant.

Redenbacher

11-14-2012

My biggest problem with it's removal is that it was a simple, mindless counter to simple, mindless ADC building. If the ADC bothered to build properly around Thornmail, it wasn't much of an issue.

That said, Frozen Heart & Warden's/Randuin's are far better purchases. Especially if both of them have been purchased on the team. Huge AS reduction will sorely hinder their damage output.

Vayne... never had a problem with Thornmail in my experience. With a Last Whisper, Vayne doesn't care how much armor you have.

redlightman

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redenbacher View Post
With a Last Whisper, Vayne doesn't care how much armor you have.
With Vayne's W she doesn't care how much armor you have.

McSwaggerJagger

11-14-2012

Yeah thats my main issue. How do you combat late game ADC like Vayne or Kog that have comps that just protect them. Its an instant lose game.

Axil

11-14-2012

Yeah thornmail is so good vs vaynes true damage

And she doesn't heal it all back from the bloodthristers they all rush