Item Preview Its Tuesday

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RectumSeeker

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-13-2012

Wait so is the Ravenous Hydra's active just a 1-hit active or does it last for a certain duration?

GhostStalker

11-13-2012

Xypherous, I'm curious. Would Kha'zix ever get this item? Or any AD/Caster Assassin?

I'd figure Kha'zix could get this to help isolate targets...but i'm not entirely sure.

SoresuMakashi

11-13-2012

This combined with black cleaver will probably make AOE damage more prevalent and increase the power of physical damage in general.

Have you considered reviewing the cost of armor to compensate?

inb4 bruiser meta :/

TNine27

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOP10 ELO View Post
I don't understand, you didn't created champs with aoe on-hit abilities because you couldn't code the interaction with tiamat? LOL xD
It's important to factor in a character's interactions with items when making them. Shyvana can get really ungodly Tiamat damage with her AoE on-hit, but fortunately it wasn't a good buy on her. Now Tiamat can be buffed without worrying about certain characters going completely over-the-top.

King Mog

11-13-2012

My question is, does the the lifesteal from other items work with the Hydras lifesteal passive. So if I had 100% lifesteal I would essentially get 100% cleave lifesteal as well correct?

MrPopoGod

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOP10 ELO View Post
I don't understand, you didn't created champs with aoe on-hit abilities because you couldn't code the interaction with tiamat? LOL xD
No, the issue was if they created an aoe skill that applied on-hit effects then the Tiamat aoe would stack, causing a massive gibbage, like the aforementioned Shyvana dragon Q. It isn't as bad on the dragon Q because it's an ult.

Xypherous

Systems Designer

11-13-2012
16 of 46 Riot Posts

Quote:
Also, again is the splash true damage or not? Ie: does the splash/cleave factor in your enemy's armor or is the damage still quasi-true damage that's based on how much damage you deal to the target you initially hit?
Tiamat's splash was never true damage - so I'm not sure how this rumor ever started. :x

It's actually functionally impossible to deal physical damage that bypasses armor in our engine - so the quasi-true damage part was never true.

Edit: I have been corrected by various forum-posters. There is indeed a way to do this. Sorry guys. XD

It was possible to amplify an existing attack to deal true damage - but not a new separate instance.

Quote:
Wait so is the Ravenous Hydra's active just a 1-hit active or does it last for a certain duration?
It's an instant-cast cleave, allowing you to cleave without having a target.

TalLavi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalLavi View Post
Are AP's gonna get an AoE damage item?
I play AP Ez and having no way to clear minion waves hurts bad.
Xyph, can I get a hint about this?
Will the AoE ranged item give AD? Is there anything for AP's?

Gleipnir

11-13-2012

This is brings a whole new meaning to Bankplank.

Need farm the whole wave? Auto every minion once then fire a parrley. Suddenly coins shower into his beard. Sure the bonus is only gonna go off the first which may be a loss of gold... BUT THINK OF THE POTENTIAL!

Ananaias

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuuci View Post
I'm assuming this will work with Lee Sin's Tempest? What about Resonating Strike? His Ult?
Quoting for hopeful answer.