How do you think Zed will do when released?

Will be OP forsure after people master him. 35 20.59%
Meh, he looks a bit UP. 44 25.88%
He looks balanced, looks like a great champion. 85 50.00%
He's OP. 6 3.53%
Voters: 170. You may not vote on this poll

Zed The Master of Shadows

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BarbecueRibs

11-13-2012

I look forward to playing him, looks like a champ with a fairly high skillcap

Samizul

Champion Designer

11-13-2012
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by IonDragonX View Post
Welll, his designer was the same guy who made Zyra and Darius..............
http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/CertainlyT
so what does that tell ya?
Unfortunately you can't judge him by that - CertainlyT helped me out on Zed while I was out of town but I was his main designer. And since he's my first, we're just going to wait and see rather than pre-judging him. I can tell you I've heard both that he's overpowered and underpowered so I think the jury is still out.

Pika Fox

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-13-2012

Hes a mele assassin, and for the most part his burst is highly iffy an hard to land. He seems UP-balanced imo, though his high end will be rewarded.

Oberic

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samizul View Post
Unfortunately you can't judge him by that - CertainlyT helped me out on Zed while I was out of town but I was his main designer. And since he's my first, we're just going to wait and see rather than pre-judging him. I can tell you I've heard both that he's overpowered and underpowered so I think the jury is still out.
I think he's ok balance-wise, his ult has a REALLY long cooldown, and he kinda needs that (or to be fed) to beat anything besides the squishies of squishies, without lots of poking down first anyway.

I've only played the one game with him so far (gonna play a few more atleast today if I can), but I enjoy him so far, he's got lots of neat tricks you can do with practice, I can tell.

Bladeviper

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoberToaster View Post
yea he looks like an obnoxious champion. I'm here, wait i'm actually over this wall and flashing over another...k as if we don't have enough champions with dash port type moves. I'm not saying he's op, but depending on how tanky he is it's very possible. but i guarantee he will be one of the most annoying champions in this whole game. not in a good way
i dont think he will be very tanky at all if people want any sort of reliable damage out put on him. all of his skills sans ulti scale off bonus ad if i recall correctly and he really needs the swaps with his shadow he is to have any way at all of catching or escaping as an assassin

Bladeviper

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberic View Post
I think he's ok balance-wise, his ult has a REALLY long cooldown, and he kinda needs that (or to be fed) to beat anything besides the squishies of squishies, without lots of poking down first anyway.

I've only played the one game with him so far (gonna play a few more atleast today if I can), but I enjoy him so far, he's got lots of neat tricks you can do with practice, I can tell.
is 70 seconds really a long cd on an ulti at rank 1?

Kikhan

11-13-2012

not voting need more info

Vencu

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samizul View Post
DSABJLASFDBAJLSFDBALSFDBABBSABJBF

wait

WAIT

WTF

RED POST IN CHAMPION FEEDBACK

HACKS

Yuan Shikai

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladeviper View Post
is 70 seconds really a long cd on an ulti at rank 1?
Except it is 120

Quote:
Originally Posted by IonDragonX View Post
Ah, but what were they like upon their release?
Zyra was OP, but Morello was a major desigenr of hers too and took the blame for that and Darius only took a 0.1 nerf on his apssive and the grace period, so he was not really OP but just a little too strong.

Bladeviper

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuan Shikai View Post
Except it is 120.
that is my bad, i still don't think its that long as it lowers its cd by quite a bit each rank then