FeralPony and Roku Discuss Preseason Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ragnar Draconus

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeralPony View Post
Good point! Currently we have different gold amounts for Ranged and Melee champions, and we'll continue to adjust these values as needed. We want to reward melee champions for the additional risk they take in any engagement from this mastery
That sounds amazing. I love playing an active role even when I am Soraka, so I'm glad to hear there will be tangible rewards for doing so.

Imp Loader

11-13-2012

Quote:
We won't be doing Synergy as there are a few issues with it that Morello talked about in a previous post. Most of the gold pressure reduction is going to be outside the mastery changes through a number of smaller adjustments (gold flow changes, items like the Sight Stone Xypherous revealed earlier etc).

The one mastery we are adding specifically gold related in Utility is a mastery called "Pickpocket" that grants gold upon striking an enemy champion. This will allow active supports a bit more gold while harassing their opponents, while also being useful for other character types that spec into deep into Utility.
This actually sounds interesting...
A few questions?

1. What's the max amount of gold you can receive per hit (for Ranged+Melee)?
2. Related: Is the amount gained always flat, no matter the attack or skill, or dependent on certain factors (ie. Range, damage dealt, AA vs. Ability, ect.)
3. Does Lulu get gold off of Pix's magic blasts with her AA? (Never mind, the below response answered this)

Thanks!

FeralPony

Live Balance Designer

11-13-2012
17 of 20 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMelchorI View Post
i hope there will be a long internal cooldown on the pickpocket mastery (in the range of 10 to 15 seconds), or ranged carries and anyone who builds attack speed or has attack speed boosts in his kit would have a crazy advantage over other champs.
There is a cooldown before the effect can triggered again.

JamJarsook

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-13-2012

Already excited for season 3 as support, but pick pocket set me over the edge. I want all the changes now :/

Dunal

11-13-2012

Edit: Never mind, already answered.

WOW DAT LAG

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-13-2012

new stuff is cool

Professor Maple

Recruiter

11-13-2012

Quote:
We won't be doing Synergy as there are a few issues with it that Morello talked about in a previous post. Most of the gold pressure reduction is going to be outside the mastery changes through a number of smaller adjustments (gold flow changes, items like the Sight Stone Xypherous revealed earlier etc).

The one mastery we are adding specifically gold related in Utility is a mastery called "Pickpocket" that grants gold upon attacking an enemy champion. This will allow active supports a bit more gold while harassing their opponents, while also being useful for other character types that spec into deep into Utility.
How does Pickpocket interact with Tiamat? with multiple tiamats? With Shyvana Dragon form? With shyvana dragon form with tiamat? etc.

iralos7713

11-13-2012

Will Barrier make you immune to CC like with Morgana's shield or will it just mitigate some of the damage?

Dunal

11-13-2012

By the way, what will this new mastery have to be undesirable for solo laners? Because while intended for supports, solo laners might just pick it up anyway? Unless that's fully intended anyway.

Because it may go back to the GP10 problem where it's fine for supports but a bit silly when stacked on a solo laner.

DisabledNoob

11-13-2012

looking forward to playing support more this season now (: