Blackfire Broken

First Riot Post
123456 ... 11
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Argodis

11-13-2012

Meh, I think Blackfire is overrated. It's a really good item but I think the LoL community really overestimates the power of % health damage. It really doesn't end up being all that much when you factor in resistances.

Ahlen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argodis View Post
Meh, I think Blackfire is overrated. It's a really good item but I think the LoL community really overestimates the power of % health damage. It really doesn't end up being all that much when you factor in resistances.
Even without the proc it's pretty cost efficient for an item. So it'd still be good

Nome or Die

Game Designer

11-13-2012
1 of 3 Riot Posts

Consider this a testing period. I expected it to be very strong out of the box, so next patch will likely see some minor adjustments. I do want to see how it affects Dominion play though. It'll take some time to see its full effects.

ViolentlyCar

11-13-2012

The way it interacts with Teemo shrooms is just too much. Losing 800 (after AP) + 10% of your max HP to a single shroom is really unreasonable, and the counters to them are far too weak.

EDIT: 10%, not 18%.

SuperQuackDuck

11-13-2012

I will laugh so hard if it procs off of alistar's passive.

Malah

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotNome View Post
Consider this a testing period. I expected it to be very strong out of the box, so next patch will likely see some minor adjustments. I do want to see how it affects Dominion play though. It'll take some time to see its full effects.
It's too hard to listen to the community say it's broken or even test the thing beforehand before you unleash it on us, clearly. Testing is for the test client, this is just throwing it at us and watching the fireworks.

If changing the map means breaking it, then please stay the hell away. At least it won't end up any worse.

MMKH

11-13-2012

I was pleasantly surprised how effective this item is on AP Terroric. It's basically the new DFG on him since it gives the free 15% CDR that the old DFG had, except instead of more burst you get more DPS.

llDeathCowll

11-13-2012

Quote:
Doesnt that sound like something that should be done on a test server?

MCXL

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-13-2012

Sounds fun!

VoidInsanity

11-13-2012

Quote:
It's fine as it is. The problem is that is a spellpen item that can potentially give damage equal to deathcap/woogles. The only ones I have seen complain about it are the ones that don't buy MR, People are just not used to casters being able to fight bruisers, or catch them.

Sweeper/Blackfire/Woogles has solved alot of the item issues casters have in one fell swoop. Nothing overpowered about that but every jax and his jayce will complain about it, they are not used to dying.

123456 ... 11