Dear everybody at Riot:

First Riot Post
123456 ... 7
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kinvaras666

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnglshGentleman View Post
Well Lyte had said in a thread something along the lines of that he will gladly have to turn over the 1 false positive in 140,000 punishment cases, so it is probably something along those lines.

Lol yeah, happens this thread came to be exactly because we used that information and someone wasn't happy with "non official numbers"

so we are here to ask the official numbers

LittleDi

11-12-2012

Crazy that we whom are being bashed for using unofficial number ask for the official ones instead of the ones who claim the numbers are totally bogus and don't apply. Isn't it funny that threads like this don't exist very often in the tribunal?

Phaceial

11-12-2012

If Riot sticks by the tribunal do you really think they would keep track of how often it fails? I surely don't. that would be like asking Pepsi to provide the statistics for how often people choose coke over them in blind taste tests....

Sorator

11-12-2012

Lyte has said in the past that all his department does with player punishment is only done if they can guarantee no more than a 0.1% false positive rate - so Tribunal presumably follows that as well. Especially after they announced they won't be accepting appeals for Tribunal punishments anymore.

Also, it's a little hard to say for certain what we've actually had in the way of false positives, because not all of them may be noticed - they're only tagged as such when the user appeals it, and that's not always going to happen.

That being said, I'm curious. I'd like to see more numbers as well. I don't think it'll keep people from insisting that they're bogus numbers, but I'm still curious. :P

LittleDi

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaceial View Post
If Riot sticks by the tribunal do you really think they would keep track of how often it fails? I surely don't. that would be like asking Pepsi to provide the statistics for how often people choose coke over them in blind taste tests....
Actually in blind taste tests they are giving the answer.

http://www.60secondmarketer.com/60Se...pepsitast.html

It's funny but interesting to read anyways. Coke wins only if you tell them it's coke. I wonder if the results would change if you told them Coke was Pepsi and Pepsi was Coke?

Kinvaras666

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleDi View Post
Actually in blind taste tests they are giving the answer.

http://www.60secondmarketer.com/60Se...pepsitast.html

It's funny but interesting to read anyways. Coke wins only if you tell them it's coke. I wonder if the results would change if you told them Coke was Pepsi and Pepsi was Coke?

I know the difference between coke and pepsi just by the smell

YOU CAN'T FOLL ME YOUR DAMN PEPSI!

coke is my only addiction :3

Tswizzle SF

11-12-2012

Remember that people who report more often carry less weight behind each report. If you only report when it truly affects your experience (usually about 1 in 80 games for me), it's taking the fast track to the tribunal.

Kinvaras666

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tswizzle SF View Post
Remember that people who report more often carry less weight behind each report. If you only report when it truly affects your experience (usually about 1 in 80 games for me), it's taking the fast track to the tribunal.

thats

not

really

true....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
The number of reports made per game varies a lot depending on the territory or the game mode; however, you're an interesting example. You've actually reported players in about 30% of your games give or take which is a really high number compared to the average. However, your report weights are near perfect and you currently have a clean Tribunal record.

This is why I keep saying it's not about the number of players you report, it's all about whether the players show behaviors that warrant reporting and how you communicate with other players about your reporting actions.

LittleDi

11-13-2012

figured it would help to keep this on the front page while we wait for everybody at riot to get their ducks in a row.

Lyte

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

11-13-2012
1 of 4 Riot Posts

We would love to present more and more data in the future, but these things take time because they are actually quite complicated in a way that is completely separate from player behavior or data. For example, if a company posted exactly how many players are banned every month I could easily reverse engineer their numbers to figure out a lot more than they want to reveal. It's surprising how much you can predict/project off seemingly independent and trivial factoids

Policies also change over time at companies. A long time ago it was much more prevalent for Rioters to post exact chat logs of players but we're learning that that isn't ideal--in fact, in some territories it might even be illegal without explicit consent. Many of you have probably noticed that recently I just post language 'trends' and patterns instead of exact chat logs and timestamps. So the data we can present today might be completely different than what we can present next year.

We'll just have to roll with the punches and try to share as much as we can, when we can. As a side note, one of the most amusing misconceptions I see is that the Tribunal is 'my design' and therefore I will defend it at all costs. Little do players know I spent over 3 weeks with a full research team analyzing every aspect of the Tribunal to determine its flaws and whether we should shut it down and build something else instead; during that analysis I proposed to completely re-do Tribunal feedback loops which is why we have Reform Cards and Justice Reviews now. I've said this before but I'll say it again--if any Tribunal data suggests it's a net negative on the player experience, I'd crush it tomorrow. It's that simple.

123456 ... 7