@ a Red. S3 elo decay

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Topsy Crets

11-13-2012

Yegg, How does the soft reset work? Where would I be from 1337?

GutsyBat

11-13-2012

Intresting

Pomf Pomf Pomf

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-13-2012

ohsnap

Yegg

Game Designer

Follow Yegg on Twitter

11-13-2012
3 of 4 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WicketyWak View Post
Follow up question. Did the time elo decay took to kick in restart when the soft reset hit.
I believe that it did not reset. I'll try to confirm that later today.

SavagePrisonerSP

11-13-2012

Weren't you the guy that posted a thread a long time ago about you leaving this game?

CoonSan CoonSan

11-13-2012

Hooray for starting back in the 1400's instead of having to suffer at 1200 again. Love the soft reset Riot. Really makes all the hard work I put in the past year worth something.

Apollinarius

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yegg View Post
Yes, Elo decay can affect you even if you haven't finished your placement matches. As before, this only affects players whose current Elo is above 1400 (meaning their pre-reset Elo was above 1500 or so).
Is there any chance of getting rid of elo decay? It seems like such an awkward mechanic, in part because it lowers the average elo artificially, the way queue dodges did.

Couldn't you instead implement a system that progressively reduced the system's confidence level in your elo after a long absence? That way it would drop your elo quickly if it turns out your skills have diminished, but it wouldn't punish you if the reason for your absence was that you focused on normals or another map for a few months.

In my case, since my elo will be between 1150 and 1200 after the reset, I don't want to play my placement matches until the dust settles and the better players move up and the worse players move lower. It will reduce the number of games I have to play that end in 20 minutes with 15 minutes of rage from either team.

Frychikn

11-13-2012

since theres a red here....

why didnt you guys use an earlier time to counter "top elo" for the season? are you going to do the same thing next season? i honestly feel cheated since i was in 1600s earlier in the season then lost it due to elo decay and trolling.

Frychikn

11-13-2012

basically i feel i should be having my placement matches in 1550+ elo and not at the 1200 spot.

Yegg

Game Designer

Follow Yegg on Twitter

11-13-2012
4 of 4 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollinarius View Post
Is there any chance of getting rid of elo decay? It seems like such an awkward mechanic, in part because it lowers the average elo artificially, the way queue dodges did.
We have some changes planned for the Elo decay system that are planned for Season 3. More details on that once we've announced how Season 3 will work.