Do you find people who type MIA out in chat helpful?

Yes, i look at chat while playing and am able to see someone say MIA 829 54.50%
No, it's just an excuse that i can use when i die to a gank 692 45.50%
Voters: 1521. You may not vote on this poll

Do you find someone calling MIA actually helpful?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Katarina PENTA

11-13-2012

mia only helps when your allies

A)Call it early
B) have a good guess that they are going to gank you.

if the enemy is mia but was low hp, why would he gank you.

at the red saying his elo shot up, elo is so random. please stop using your "map awareness" to justify your elo.

Operateur4

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-13-2012

I usually just call MIA with a ping so people who don't look at the chat do, other then that I don't pay much mind to the chat.

Big Skler

11-13-2012

The moment you gain the ability to check each lane for character portraits is the moment you get ok at this game.

Seriously, just glance at the minimap (or hit tab) every few seconds to see if the lanes near you have opponents in them. It's that easy! I see people raging all the time over a lack of MIAs, but that's just them being bad :/

Elvish Champion

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-13-2012

I watch the map and I call mia. You can't say it is an excuse to not watching the map. If i don't see them in the map i play less aggresively. Whenever they leave in low HP I say they recalled and after a few secs I call mia so that they know they can be ganked. Even if i kill them i call mia after a few secs

SaiGarKing

11-13-2012

Instead of calling MIA, I would much rather my teammate do something when their laning partner is ganking me, besides backing to the shop and buying. Getting ganked is my fault, but not taking advantage of the situation is my team's.

Neville Bartos

11-13-2012

MIA is saying your lane is missing.. I say it to prevent my team from raging at me if they die from a gank - I can't keep track of my lane 24/7 and that's what wards exist for XD

EyceAether

11-13-2012

MIA calling is useless and promotes bad play. When I stopped worrying about MIA and started buying wards NO MATTER WHAT, I stopped dying as much and started carrying.

I will buy wards as an AD carry if I have to, because 1 ward is worth 3 minutes of no hassle farming. Wards = Most cost efficient item in game.

Griftrix

Senior Animation Engineer

11-13-2012
2 of 2 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kades View Post
I found it helpful when I first started playing the game.

I think I hit a fundamental shift in my playing, though, when I realized that when I got ganked by another lane it was my fault and not my teammate's.
This is a REALLY good point. I started getting better when I realized every game I lost was my fault (disconnects aside). No matter how well you do, you need to see how you can do better.

That said, can the convention for MIA be we ping the fog of war space in the map where the guy is missing from? it's faster than typing.

WarlordAlpha

11-13-2012

The thing about mia calls is that, in a vacuum, they are useless. 9 out of 10 times the person just went to get blue buff, or went to farm wraiths, or just went back. All this does is train people to ignore mia calls, because 9/10 times the mia call didn't accomplish anything.

The real key is to call AND PING the lane where they are roaming to. If you don't know where they are going? That's bad.

Abdial

11-13-2012

90% of the time all the information that you gain from a mia call can be gained by looking at the mini map.