How do you think Zed will do when released?

Will be OP forsure after people master him. 35 20.59%
Meh, he looks a bit UP. 44 25.88%
He looks balanced, looks like a great champion. 85 50.00%
He's OP. 6 3.53%
Voters: 170. You may not vote on this poll

Zed The Master of Shadows

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dazed Donuts

11-13-2012

So after watching the champion spotlight, and playing with him in PBE, I have to say, I really like Zed, and I find his kit to be a somewhat new but a remake of some of the other ninja's kits.

I feel like Zed will be one of those champs that are underestimated and once the pros learn to play him, people will start with the qq's and bans and whatnot.

What do you guys think of Zed?

SoberToaster

11-13-2012

yea he looks like an obnoxious champion. I'm here, wait i'm actually over this wall and flashing over another...k as if we don't have enough champions with dash port type moves. I'm not saying he's op, but depending on how tanky he is it's very possible. but i guarantee he will be one of the most annoying champions in this whole game. not in a good way

Darkonblood

11-13-2012

No idea, but from what my friends on PBE said, he's probably already been nerfed, so if he's still OP, expect another hotfix nerf of some sort.

jboku

11-13-2012

He will be a troll champ like Lee Sin or Shaco. All of those Jukes he will just troll people who think they are safe but he wont be OP. At first people will scream "OMG OP" because they wont know how he works.

I struggle to find what he adds to a team fight. If he can get in quickly and kill their AD carry in the back great, but if not hes dead right away. Too risky of a champ imo. He will be fun to play though ;p.

IonDragonX

11-13-2012

Welll, his designer was the same guy who made Zyra and Darius..............
http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/CertainlyT
so what does that tell ya?

Handsome Aniki

11-13-2012

He's a higher damage dealer than Lee, but lower mobility trade-off, I think he'll be fairly balanced, especially after the nerfs he's received.

Cretinok

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IonDragonX View Post
Welll, his designer was the same guy who made Zyra and Darius..............
http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/CertainlyT
so what does that tell ya?
Nothing actually.

Zyra is decent, but Darius's status as a champion is a pubstomer at best. Complained about a lot but easily shut down by any ranged champ with CC.

Handsome Aniki

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cretinok View Post
Nothing actually.

Zyra is decent, but Darius's status as a champion is a pubstomer at best. Complained about a lot but easily shut down by any ranged champ with CC.
Agreed, I played over aggressively as Jarvan, with a hard armor page(Flat armor, yellow, blues quints, hardness defensive mastery.[21/9/0], I chugged a few potions to start, but Darius couldn't keep up in damage, and ended up losing the lane the entire game. I had an 83 armor start at level vs Darius and he was just shut off.

Darius unless extensively fed, has 0 team fight presence.( Yowza, this unintentionally turned into Amadeus rant)

IonDragonX

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cretinok View Post
Ah, but what were they like upon their release?

Dazed Donuts

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by jboku View Post
He will be a troll champ like Lee Sin or Shaco. All of those Jukes he will just troll people who think they are safe but he wont be OP. At first people will scream "OMG OP" because they wont know how he works.

I struggle to find what he adds to a team fight. If he can get in quickly and kill their AD carry in the back great, but if not hes dead right away. Too risky of a champ imo. He will be fun to play though ;p.

Yup, gotta love that he has the potential to juke quite nicely.

I too aren't too sure on what he does in a teamfight, I feel like he's more of a go in burst the squishies and fall back, maybe he could be built into a tanky bruiser