Elise Sucks.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pinker 10

11-12-2012

Season 3 is rewriting magic pen rules as well? Thought the post only brought up Arpen. Good news for a lot of champions, might result in a few nerfs, but generally needed.

Myrmidont

11-12-2012

Seems like all penetration (lol said penetration) is getting buffed.

I think elise is a decent tanky ap assassin

If you have spell vamp runes run them with a split mastery page between tankyness and utility where you get all the juicy spell vamp and mobility, your early jungle is still a little rusty but after a couple levels you're sustaining decently.

imo spell vamp runes make or break her jungle, she might be on the weak side but shes not terribly weak.

Taoquitok

11-13-2012

Elise works really well as an AD bruiser top. I've been very successful with her like that from early to late-mid game (haven't had a game last long enough to comment on late/extreme late game).

They way I build her is:

AD red+quints, armour yellow, mr/lvl blues
Standard 21/9/0 AD masteries

Skills
lvl.1 - Q
lvl.2 - E to allow for early ganks / escape
lvl.3 - Q
lvl.4 - W
lvl.5-18, R>Q>W>E

Item route
lvl.1 boots + 3 pots
first b - 1Dorans blade + phage or heart of gold or 2 dorans blade (depending on gold). Always get wards
from that point onwards, focus getting a Phage > Frozen mallet > Frozen heart or Raduin's (I usually go Frozen heart for cdr, armour and mana)
Boots are dependant on their team. Likely to go for Merc boots or Ninja tabi but could go sorc to help with damage or mobility if you want to roam loads (which is really fun as her)

From this point onwards it's really dependant on how you're doing against their team. Could want a bloodthirster, could want an infinite edge, could go tanky. Looking at the new Black Cleaver, that could be worth it to get too

The reason why this works without having to go for much damage is that her Q damage scales with their level due to the % damage, so allowing you to become a really tanky, but still deadly, bruiser.
If you make good use of both her forms in team and solo fights, you can poke them down pretty fast in human form and then initiate with E (in either form, preferably human and then use spider E to chase if they flash or such) to finish them off in spider form.

With the minor damage bonuses with this latest patch, it might be worthwhile going more ap with things like the Hextech gunblade (maybe? it is expensive..), Guinsoo's Rageblade, but currently she works so well as an AD bruiser that I'm having issues thinking of ways to cost effectively incorporate AP into her

Darthnachox

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taoquitok View Post
Elise works really well as an AD bruiser top. I've been very successful with her like that from early to late-mid game (haven't had a game last long enough to comment on late/extreme late game).

They way I build her is:

AD red+quints, armour yellow, mr/lvl blues
Standard 21/9/0 AD masteries

Skills
lvl.1 - Q
lvl.2 - E to allow for early ganks / escape
lvl.3 - Q
lvl.4 - W
lvl.5-18, R>Q>W>E

Item route
lvl.1 boots + 3 pots
first b - 1Dorans blade + phage or heart of gold or 2 dorans blade (depending on gold). Always get wards
from that point onwards, focus getting a Phage > Frozen mallet > Frozen heart or Raduin's (I usually go Frozen heart for cdr, armour and mana)
Boots are dependant on their team. Likely to go for Merc boots or Ninja tabi but could go sorc to help with damage or mobility if you want to roam loads (which is really fun as her)

From this point onwards it's really dependant on how you're doing against their team. Could want a bloodthirster, could want an infinite edge, could go tanky. Looking at the new Black Cleaver, that could be worth it to get too

The reason why this works without having to go for much damage is that her Q damage scales with their level due to the % damage, so allowing you to become a really tanky, but still deadly, bruiser.
If you make good use of both her forms in team and solo fights, you can poke them down pretty fast in human form and then initiate with E (in either form, preferably human and then use spider E to chase if they flash or such) to finish them off in spider form.

With the minor damage bonuses with this latest patch, it might be worthwhile going more ap with things like the Hextech gunblade (maybe? it is expensive..), Guinsoo's Rageblade, but currently she works so well as an AD bruiser that I'm having issues thinking of ways to cost effectively incorporate AP into her
Yea i play her this way and on hit bruiser both work very well. I feel she is more of a warwick style champ then a caster.

Taoquitok

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthnachox View Post
Yea i play her this way and on hit bruiser both work very well. I feel she is more of a warwick style champ then a caster.
I've thought about trying on-hit, I'm just worried that a fair amount of the attackspeed will get wasted due to her W in spiderform.. though adding a wit's end in there shouldn't be to bad.
When first trying ad(/ap) bruiser I tried an early malady's too which works... for early and early-mid game.. but it doesn't scale well into late game I find

Holy Soldier

11-13-2012

She is still fairly new and season 3 is coming up. Who knows maybe a buff for her and some tweaks. Just have to see what the future Riot has in store for us x)

Darthnachox

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taoquitok View Post
I've thought about trying on-hit, I'm just worried that a fair amount of the attackspeed will get wasted due to her W in spiderform.. though adding a wit's end in there shouldn't be to bad.
When first trying ad(/ap) bruiser I tried an early malady's too which works... for early and early-mid game.. but it doesn't scale well into late game I find
Yea the problem with her all together though is her terrible late game. Usually If i am building on hit I go with this . Merc treads malidy frozen mallet. I work in frozen heart or whits end depending on who my lane is. Both are needed just depends on which i need first. Then for end game i guild a madreds which works surprisingly well on her. This is the only way I have been able to make her most effective end game. But she is still bad compared to other champs. If you get behind your ****ed.

RadiantPyrophore

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthnachox View Post
Yea the problem with her all together though is her terrible late game. Usually If i am building on hit I go with this . Merc treads malidy frozen mallet. I work in frozen heart or whits end depending on who my lane is. Both are needed just depends on which i need first. Then for end game i guild a madreds which works surprisingly well on her. This is the only way I have been able to make her most effective end game. But she is still bad compared to other champs. If you get behind your ****ed.
You're blind.

Elise's late game is by far her strongest point, however, she has terrible difficulty getting there.

aces2kj

Recruiter

11-13-2012

elise is actually nice after the patch

Ansaa

11-13-2012

Elise is much better after the patch. I was good with her before, now she is much stronger and thats great for me.

ANYONE reading this, please report if she gets locked up or seems unresponsive or clunky. There is a bug with her, please everyone pay attention to this.