FeralPony and Roku Discuss Preseason Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nvision

11-12-2012

Well, there goes the neighborhood. Back to DotA. I used every tactic suggested that is now being negated. It was really all I had. This game is about adapting, which I understand. But they kinda took away my Twisted Treeline, changed how my fav champs are played making them no longer my fav champs, and now they've taken away my gameplay. Thanks for all the fun and I hope the rest of you enjoy the changes. DotA was and will always be > LoL/Smite/HoN

AntiSkillshot

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roku View Post
Barrier's numbers (Cooldown, amount shielded, and duration of shield) allow quite a bit of room to tweak its power. We'll be sure to keep an eye on it and tweak as necessary - but there definitely is plenty of ways to utilize it!
Still on the subject of "barrier", do you think it can be used in the jungle, despite having a 2 second duration?

iMaTreant

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roku View Post
Barrier's numbers (Cooldown, amount shielded, and duration of shield) allow quite a bit of room to tweak its power. We'll be sure to keep an eye on it and tweak as necessary - but there definitely is plenty of ways to utilize it!
considering the nature of barrier it can be said that this is another indirect nerf to burst casters ( like leblanc, veigar and fizz ) so my question is, are you guys going to tweak it in a way that you cant use barrier while under heavy CC(stun,silence, shark's knockup)? and what about possible items that could aid burst casters now that dfg is pretty much dead.

Vadorojo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-12-2012

I'm very excited for Season 3! It'll take some tweaking, but I'm sure the changes will pay off in the long run.

Sauzeles

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-12-2012

Quote:
Surge is a competing spell in a niche we’d like Ignite to fill
Will we be able to ignite towers? If not, ignite fulfills a very, very different role then I use it. This makes me sad. :*(

CooLTanG

Master Recruiter

11-12-2012

Any details if ur going to buff Ghost a little? Just so maybe not 99% of the LoL will take flash and some take ghost?

Zman200111

11-12-2012

Man don't get rid of Surge! Surge is an excellent summoner spell and it is super viable! When to use it ? right before initiation it lasts long enough to be viable for a team fight. and it is good on bruisers early game with high ad or adp but lacking in Aspeed; and on ap with high burst i.e kat, kennan malz, make it beast.

exe3

11-12-2012

As great as it is to see Masteries and Summoner Spells getting much needed love what about Runes? They're in need of love too imo as I find them quite stale personally with many many unoptimal setups and are often confusing (are seals meant for defenses? in that case why is magic resist a glyph primary? are glyphs meant to be for magic? then why is magic regen a seal primary and magic pen a mark primary?).

And that's not even getting into the useless rune combiner. It's common (and highly required) practice to not waste IP on runes until level 20 because Tier 1 and 2 are just trash (replace the combiner and let us upgrade to a higher Tier for the difference in price is what I say).

I just feel like since Runes are the least broken of the out of game meta systems that they're assumed to be working great when that's not the truth at all.

Poofums

11-12-2012

I don't get what all the complaints are about. I'm assuming the new barrier will be tweaked to be about as good as heal currently is for the single champion who uses it, obviously without the grievous wounds possible side effect. Heal on the other hand is getting a nerf. What this is essentially doing is making barrier the new substitute for how heal is currently used and heal to be more supportive rather then a baiting trick. If barrier is so devastating for casters, why don't midlaners just get heal? Think about it.

That and Surge was way too niche. I think they're aiming for diversity for builds and characters as a whole. Surge is the only summoner spell that could potentially do absolutely zero for someone if they're not the right champion; it's not diversity, it's just plain silly.

Alas, I like the changes Riot is making a lot and couldn't have asked for better, I just hope to see it executed well.`

Marth Wagner

11-12-2012

ok, removing the reduced damage from lane minions in tough skin is good... but please do NOT make a mastery that reduces turret damage, there's already level 2 towerdiving becuse of alistars, jayces etc. if you're getting **** on in lane and they have that mastery there will be no coming back.
if anything towers are pretty useless as is, they need more range and more damage... they dont scale into late game... what if they had true damage? hm... masteries and such shouldnt be able to affect towers imo

tower damage reduction mastery + barrier summoner spell in SR = stupid towerdiving possibilities, not fair or fun. i smell quick advantages being gained. i thought changes to top lane were supposed to make it LESS snowbally