FeralPony and Roku Discuss Preseason Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xVirven

11-12-2012

I'ma be spamming the hell out of Trynd with barrier out.

Harhar, you thought igniting me while I had ultimate on would kill me!? *activates barrier and puts on trollface* Harharhar

Boi, I crack myself up.

MiguinBlaster

11-12-2012

FFS stop removing things!.... SURGE is a good spell.... why can't we have a steroid? It's not like it hurst anybody just by being there..... if you dont think it fills a niche, then buff the AS and AP.

I know its not the best spell out there but if you suddenly manage to keep the buffs fighting for that long duration, that's way more useful than a bit of damage from ignite.

This may sound like low elo, in fact i am, but sometimes i choose surge exhaust on my dominion glass cannon xin.... and if people don't care about my 12 seconds buff and damage, they might as well say gg.

I just want to let u know that its a high risk high reward spell.... and besides its fun to use, not something you can say from "Clairvoyance", "clarity" or that stupid barrier spell..... you don't really bring fun elements but take away some.... . Yuck, now, everybody shielding their asses.

I'm already thinking that with the upcoming jungle potential passiveness, everybody having a free shield,
nerfing important offensive spells, while also removing offensive choices like surge, everygame will last 50+ freaking minutes and be boring as hell since you probably wont kill that much.

I've been loving the preview changes but it's really getting frustating the removal of items and stuff that may be part of some people's playstyle.

People dont want things to get removed unless they are OP as hell like old DFG.

Bring back ionic spark and surge, you guys will be contaminating this game with that anti-fun ****ty barrier spell.

TheFinalAeon

11-12-2012

@FeralPony and/or Roku:

Will Heal still apply a debuff? If so, why not make it a single-target Summoner Spell, as a direct antithesis to Ignite? For instance, it heals more, but it only heals a single ally, and doesn't apply that completely crappy debuff that makes Heal borderline suicide to take.

Xeneth

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekohz View Post
...that just proves that other people dont want to play OUTSIDE OF A "META"
it bothers me that people cant come up with a counter intuitive strategy to win a game. its pathetic
While I agree with the broad strokes of this sentiment, (I'm also not a fan of how resilient "correct" play trends are) when you think about it this isn't a gripe with the existence of a summoner spell... It's a (valid!) gripe about our community and its perceptions.

Is Surge good on AD Taric? I'm sure it is, but I'm guessing it doesn't make or break the strat compared to the other offensive summoners. He's got the highest base AD in the game! Keep playing AD Taric and show your fellow Summoners why he's interesting instead of focusing on what Riot is or isn't doing to support the build. Hell, BUFFING Surge won't change closed player minds anyway, only play and victory has the power to do that!

AntiSkillshot

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina PENTA View Post
Lol? lifesteal quints were only good on 1 champ. Warwick Jungle. You start W, and you can start boots and never use a single hp pot.

Spellvamp quints were only good on 1 champ as well. Mundo Jungle. It helps you sustain early and it procs on smite.

Both of these strategies consider that your team is bad and doesn't leash for you. And these are the only times you would get these expensive runes optimally. Again, I tried this all in PBE. So don't be like "I don't listen to lvl 24 smurfs".
Thing about those two kinds of runes, only the Spellvamp runes seem odd to me (and I play mid as well as top). Where as the Lifesteal, works very, very well on champions like Riven or Darius because they lack inbuilt sustain. As well as boosting champions like Fiora's (whose sustain is very weak) and Nasus' (whose sustain is weak early).

Also, top is my main role, so telling me "Get out of top, noob." or "You suck for using those runes." just doesn't cut it and means nothing as, again, top is my main role.

Ikimono

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roku View Post
With a much shorter duration (currently 2 seconds, still subject to change), it is possible to counter a Barrier bait by forcing them to Barrier then waiting out the shield.

With internal testing, it has actually shown that offensive uses of Barrier mid lane have been more prominent - tower shots are pretty easy to predict and block.
I do not like this change. We really do not need two defensive summoners to block out damage. Heal is strong enough as is. Having two defensive spells just smells of bad gameplay.

netkitten

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-12-2012

since you removed igniting jungle minions, make teemo smiteable but not ignitable

Zhjonin

11-12-2012

to netkitten, i AGREE!!!

Zhjonin

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by netkitten View Post
since you removed igniting jungle minions, make teemo smiteable but not ignitable

I find this to be a valid request.

Xeneth

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by zGear View Post
...[Lifesteal/Spellvamp] is basically worthless now? It's not like supports are gonna get alot out of it. And if its not worth it on jax who benefits from both effects why would anybody bother getting it? Seems like a wasted mastery to me.
I think the idea is that it shouldn't be "free" en route to something you actually care about. Supports are obviously not the intended audience, as they said, they're trying to give other roles reasons to put points in that third tree... Interesting that some people call it the "Support" tree instead of "Utility".

Depending on deep it is, maybe an Ezreal with a passive support picks it up and just plans to farm and sustain the **** out of his lane. Plus with both stats collapsing onto a single mastery, that just means more options, more stuff to choose from on the board total, right?