FeralPony and Roku Discuss Preseason Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Skrapt

11-12-2012

What's being done to Revive if anything? Are you guys happy with it being pretty much a Dominion only Summoner Spell?

V´ejo

11-12-2012

Hey FeralPony and Roku!

Are the new masteries keeping the same format as they do now? I mean, is it still optimal to put 21 points in Offense - for example - and 9 into Defense? Or is it ok now to put 30 points into one tree?

Also, a while a go I read a thread that talked about how cool it would be to put several "21 points Masteries" in one three and allow summoners to pick 1 of them depending on their champion and/or playstyle. What is your opinion on this?

Ekohz

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aura Shadow View Post
Listen. If you play a weird role on a champ that doesnt usually have that role, people will probably be mad at you at first. BUT if you are actually good with that champ playing that role, then people will start to realize that it's a good idea and realize you know what you're doing. If you do terrible with an unusual build, then of course people are going to get mad at you. I mean a build like a build that is unusual like AP Talon, should be tested a lot before you use it to make sure it actually works. (Note: Do not actually ever try AP Talon as that is a terrible idea since non of his moves scale with AP, it was just an example)
Taric has no AD ratios, but does that not make him resourceful?

200 shatters, 400 ult, 200 stun and heal CD procs while your whomping 600 crits on enemies with your 395-420 movement speed.

people need to stop playing the way people want them to, and play the way they want.

The Coat Hanger

11-12-2012

Barrier is gonna shut karthus down. Shame. I bought his skin too.

Kari Arisu

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcortis View Post
What's being done to Revive if anything? Are you guys happy with it being pretty much a Dominion only Summoner Spell?
This also comes into question...
Revive is about as under-used as Surge is, so why does Surge have to be the one to go?

Kari Arisu

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-12-2012

Hoping new masteries don't make you waste points on Summoner Spell buffs. Really annoying.

Aura Shadow

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekohz View Post
Taric has no AD ratios, but does that not make him resourceful?

200 shatters, 400 ult, 200 stun and heal CD procs while your whomping 600 crits on enemies with your 395-420 movement speed.

people need to stop playing the way people want them to, and play the way they want.
You should just play how you want to. If the build you are using is actually good, and helps you win, then no one will get mad at you, and you can be AD Taric all you want. That's what i was trying to say.

Deathnor

11-12-2012

i know its set already but is their any chance of getting banner back? or maybe a offensive based utility summoner spell? exhaust seems to run mostly defensive use and since banner is no more supports arnt really left with any beificail offensive options.

edit also any chance u can talk about jungle changes adding more gold to its postion and suports getting something viable to increase thier incoming gold overall. not so much like GP tens lasting into builds and buying less consumables but them actually gaining more gold?

KillerCorndog

11-12-2012

Has summoner Flash ever been considered for removal?

I feel like I am constantly forced into taking it because 4/5 of the other team will usually have it and I need it to get away from their flash/chase after them. It also takes away somthing special from champions who should have a natural advantage like Ez and Ahri for going over terrain. Not to mention Jarvan IV would love his ult again

Maybe making it an (expensive) item could give people an option to still use it while providing a reasonable trade-off

davesmack

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeralPony View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by InertSteak View Post
Will there be any cool new masteries?
Indeed!
What about uncool new masteries? How many of those should we expect?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ploki122 View Post
@Roku, anny new summoner spells? (if they aren't settled yet, a yes/no/"eventually but maybe not in S3" will do. The question is basically, do you confirm we will have less choices (although some were false choices) for summoner spells)

and is Rohan you son and/or grandpa?
Roku is japanese for 6, Rohan is from LOTR, and Ploki is now synonymous with stupid fanboy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torinux View Post
So because of some players that don't know how to use a GREAT summoner spell like surge you going to remove it? Really? REALLY? And what about us who DO know how to use it properly? way to cater to bad players ah? way to not "forcing" them to improve.

Surge really wasn't that great. For it to truly outshine ignite/exhaust as an offensive choice the champ you were playing had to benefit from both the AP and the ASPD, which basically kept the list of champions it was useful for limited to Teemo and Teemo.