FeralPony and Roku Discuss Preseason Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Skrapt

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roku View Post
With a much shorter duration (currently 2 seconds, still subject to change), it is possible to counter a Barrier bait by forcing them to Barrier then waiting out the shield.

With internal testing, it has actually shown that offensive uses of Barrier mid lane have been more prominent - tower shots are pretty easy to predict and block.
I'm specifically more worried about it's effect on characters like Fizz, Karthus, etc. who have predictable and timed burst. It's rather easy to use barrier to negate an entire ultimate in this sense.

DinoAri

11-12-2012

@Roku Is barrier going to have the same short CD that we have seen before or is the CD going to be increased for SF

Pitufito Dell

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcortis View Post
Will the utility tree include interesting mechanics like removing unit collision or will it generally be about resource management, vamps, exp and gold?
Op is OP.

@Roku, I love to experiment whit masteries, but I feel that is underwhelming at this time. Will be some combinations of masteries viable on most cases? Like runing 15/15/0, because actually on both ofense and defense the last points are too good and the options on more deepth but before end are quite bad.

Cest MADNESS

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-12-2012

O goody, because flash wasn't ruining the game enough. Now you can just pick flash/barrier and never be killed again, not to mention how the jungle should be slower.

LightEcho

11-12-2012

So things like needing to spec into attack speed to get armor penetration will be gone?
We are going to have real mastery choices within each tree now right? and not just well I'm going 21 into offense and I use ad not ap, so I take the same 21 masteries I do on every other ad champ that I run 21 offense on.

theSTDlife

11-12-2012

excited to see what else they have cooked up for us

JimMaru

11-12-2012

On a bigger cooldown barrier can be more interesting.
The idea here is to make Barrier =/= Heal.
The barrier will be more of a defensive spell for initiators and melees/bruisers where as Heal will do what it was supposed to do: sustain the whole team against poke comps (and make sustainless supports more efficient).
It's a great change and that's one I embrace completely. It will be great for champions like mundo that will get ignited/grievous wounded anyway but need a defensive spell for him.
I was actually wanting this to happen every since ARAM was released.

Roar of Typhon

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragnDave View Post
Seeing as you take out surge and promote, I think it would be beneficial to have a few new summoner spells to replace those. Very limited selection of summoner spells is a bad thing imo.
I think that they just want to take it slow and steady. Seems like a good idea, and seeing as those spells weren't frequently used (During the matches I was in, at any rate.) it seems like a decent tradeoff.

Roar of Typhon

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimMaru View Post
On a bigger cooldown barrier can be more interesting.
The idea here is to make Barrier =/= Heal.
The barrier will be more of a defensive spell for initiators and melees/bruisers where as Heal will do what it was supposed to do: sustain the whole team against poke comps (and make sustainless supports more efficient).
It's a great change and that's one I embrace completely. It will be great for champions like mundo that will get ignited/grievous wounded anyway but need a defensive spell for him.
I was actually wanting this to happen every since ARAM was released.
Exactly what I thought when I saw this.

Dynoglory

11-12-2012

Will Barrier's cooldown increase and duration decrease on the Proving Grounds?