FeralPony and Roku Discuss Preseason Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ChromeFalcon

11-12-2012

@Riot:

Anything on Zed and when he'll be released?

Hidden Sniper

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-12-2012

Guys... It wasn't that the minion damage decreasing was OP, it was that combined with the 15% minion damage nerf during season 2!

Seriously... You do **** like that and then afterward are like: "Oh, why is this, this way? It couldn't be anything that we did, it has to be this other thing." Another example would be the Swain nerfs. That is why he was doing poorly so you buffed him. It wasn't whatever else you said was the problem, it were your nerfs before that killed his ability in fights. =.='

Based God Marz

11-12-2012

Can you provide us with any word on how Clarity will be made as a viable choice?

Who will want/take it?

What will its purpose be?

LordVVar

11-12-2012

5v5v5

KudogawaShinichi

11-12-2012

SAY ANYTHING ABOUT ZED PLEASE, ANYTHING! I ASKED POLITELY 1RST AND STILL NO ANSWER! PLEASE, GIVE US SOME DETAILS ABOUT ZED THE MASTER OF SHADOWS.

I REALLY HOPE YOU WILL ANSWER THIS! (yes, in cap lock cause you seem to totally ignore me )

JimMaru

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-12-2012

Hm... I'm sad now. My worst fears have been realized.
I'm all excited with all the changes and loved everything so far, but now my Volibear playstyle is simply ruined.
No surge, no indomitable, Heal has been nerfed... Well... Maybe the new Shield spell might work better for him... Idk.
We will be seeing something on the masteries that help characters with low trade potential early to do better? I mean... Volibear, Akali, Singed... Those champions are kinda useless on the first levels and need a more passive gameplay early. I hope champions with weak early game don't get completely smashed now...

EliteSolarius

11-12-2012

let see if it worth it ^^

SpankyJ

11-12-2012

Interested...

Cpt Tsanga

11-12-2012

The mastery Mercenary, the one where you get extra gold from assist, shouldn't be in the defense tree. Supports are gold starved as it is and tanks get kills all the time. Is there going to be any changes to the Defense tree?

Xenoproboscizoid

11-12-2012

@Roku: I'm a little worried about what the implementation of barrier will mean for burst characters and especially for AP mids. Most APs deals their damage in a burst combo so if you run barrier mid, you can pretty much eliminate the threat of death from your lane opponent. While this might not mean much in the 1v1 scenario since getting 1v1 kills in lane is somewhat rare in mid, when combined with the jungle changes aimed towards making ganks less frequent, I fear that mid will become a stale farm lane. This would have an especially high impact on burst champions without a lot of cc options, eliminating the viability of champions without sustained damage or cc options to wait out the shield (like Kat, who is already getting nerfed in the upcoming patch).

I do appreciate that this might force the mid lane to have a bit more global presence since a), the jungle wont be ganking as often, and b) you cant get kills mid so you'll have to roam. Is this sort of what you're going for with the addition of barrier?