FeralPony and Roku Discuss Preseason Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jesamems

11-12-2012

i hope you guys added a extra gold on assist kill for support champs, i mean it would help since support champs are limited to getting all the gold per 5 sec items. tanks have them in the defense tree which is useful a lot

FeralPony

Live Balance Designer

11-12-2012
9 of 20 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2pudge1cup View Post
i hope the duration of barrier is less than the duration of ignite.
It is. Ignite lasts 5 seconds, while Barrier lasts about 2 if I recall the new numbers correctly (though things are still subject to change)

iMisterPanda

11-12-2012

So Zed will not be released with this patch ): ?

Mundoo

11-12-2012

@Riot dudes

Any plans on making Mundo best support NA in season 3 pls? ty

WrexHard

11-12-2012

Why is a QA in-charge of changing Summoner Spells... How does Surge compete with Ignite... They are not in the same PS category? Are we * when tanks choose Barrier? Did you think about Turret diving with Barrier? You want more of the specific PS roles to be filled but reduce the number of Summoner Spells... What happens when Heim's passive and Turret Defense are combined? Heim's passive, Q, Barrier, and Tower Defense?

Surge will open up specific PS roles and make different roles within champions more viable and distinguish them as such. Think of Kayle, Teemo, Fizz.
In LoL, Ignite generalizes. It does not distinguish specific PS roles.
Especially if you decrease the number of Summoner Spells.

Fail.

Please fix

Fulgr1m

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-12-2012

I'm looking forward to the mastery changes specifically for top! What all did you have in mind for Top when it came to these mastery changes besides the lane freezing?

Sol Badguy

11-12-2012

based Roku

GrizlakMonger

11-12-2012

To those asking why compare surge to ignite, you clearly aren't thinking about the actual affect of both spells. Surge is made to increase your DPS for a short while, that is, to put more damage on your target. The problem is that at just about every phase of the game, ignite out DPS's the extra 2 auto attacks or whatever you get by using surge. They are competing on the same turf and ignite just is better, hence its virtual non existence in competitive play (although I've seen aprhomoo run surge on kogmaw, now sure if he actually did the math on it though to see if it out DPS's ignite's true damage)

Ginga

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-12-2012

No word on Clarity yet?

Every Summoner spell shows a purpose beyond level 3. Clarity is the only Summoner Spell that ceases to exist past that level.

Why can't you make it viable somehow? Like give it a powerful Passive ability while it's on cooldown or something.

The game doesn't need noob traps. I've played through levels 1-30. I didn't need Clarity even at those early levels when I first started. Why should anyone? Letting low level players rely on Clarity to manage their mana only serves delay their ability to improve. Would that not be detrimental to your game? Just Remove it from all player's options once they hit level 30 or something. Clarity isn't a Summoner Spell once you hit Ranked, it's a warning sign for the allies. It's a Summoner Spell whose express purpose is to force a dodge.

Spiritling

11-12-2012

I don't like the idea of losing Surge as a summoner spell. It has too many uses, and just because a few people don't like it or don't know when to use it is not the fault of the people who do.

Take for example someone like Warwick. Jungling him is great, but he's a force when laning as well.
If you want first blood with him, and most times you meet up with people in top lane and bottom in the respective bushes. One team always comes out with first blood, why not be you? Go with his first skill as W, then hit surge as soon as you're engaged. Most can't react fast enough, first blood is your's.

Now you're saying you're making Promote an item in game? That sounds great, but don't take away my Promote/Surge combo. I can take a turret at level 3 with Warwick or Xin Zhao with the Promoted minion tanking the turret and their respective attack speed increases combined with Surge do wonderful things to a wave of minions and turrets.

If you want to get rid of something get rid of the summoner spells nobody actually uses such as Revive.
Yeah, I've seen it be a good spell for something like Dominion where if you fail an inch away from protecting that turret you can instantly get back there. But I've never seen it in the more popular arenas such as 3v3 and 5v5 Rift. If you show up with Revive in Summoner's Rift, you're most likely going to get harassed and bullied.

How about a revision for it in Summoner's Rift instead? I can't say something like it instantly reviving you on the spot with a huge cool down because whether or not you have CD on it it'll be chosen for the simple team fight capabilities of getting to re-spam your skills into the opposing crowd or making turret diving simply a thing to shrug at.

Eh.. enough rambling.

Oh, and I can see a sea of Alistars simultaneously hitting R and F at the same time, rampaging through turrets to knock you away from them so their ADC can get that final hit.
CTRL+4