FeralPony and Roku Discuss Preseason Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dotayy

11-12-2012

Any visual upgrades?

shaaggy2760

11-12-2012

can we get a key for in game buy items with effects so its alot easyer then having to hit a little box then a cham

kickflip2760

11-12-2012

any body thought of the idea od more than 5v5 like maybe 7v7 or something and also wat about maybe having a new 5v5 map these things would be really cool

Jimyd

11-12-2012

I honestly feel like Riot doesn't want the meta to change, ever. If the game never changes, Riot will continue to make money. If a meta somehow changes and somehow 50% of the playerbase can't adapt, that = loss of sales/customer.

And Barrier on SR makes LoL/DoTA have an even more philosophy of Farm for 30 minutes, proceed to actually play the game now.

Treeke

11-12-2012

So, we are discussing preseason changes.

But there won't be a preseason patch, but a end of season patch.

So, preseason patch when?

Zectre

11-12-2012

I'm curious about how tanks are going to be given some love without losing anything vital.

While Tough Skin and Indomitable were no brainer choices for removal and or changes, I also feel that Tough Skin reducing damage by flat numbers to be somewhat ignorable due to the fact that they reduce so little during end-game and only really impact early game. If it would impact late-game, even if the mastery states that it scales per level ( .10 (1/2) and then .20 (2/2) per level, for example), it would be more incentive to pick it up. As it stands, it's largely ignorable.

In the defensive tree, however, I also feel that it's mostly about damage reduction (of course it would be), but it at the same time tastes bland. There isn't anything really compelling that would be "interesting" as a tank. Sure, there's CDR deep in the tree to give incentive to excessive ability usage while fighting so you don't need to primarily focus on CDR items directly, but aside from that, everything else in the defensive tree is standard Tank utilities (health, mr, armor, damage reduc & cc reduc).

Is there anything that we can look forward for as Tank players aside from what I previously mentioned?

SpookiestGhostNA

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeralPony View Post
These two masteries trivialized early game minion damage when combined, allowing players to easily “freeze” lanes. Freezing lanes contributes heavily to snowballing and limits the viability of certain champions
*cough* Darius *cough*

TheGreatXandini

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-12-2012

Any chance we could get either an item or a spell that could produce some form of hard cc?

tender paws

11-12-2012

Oh, cool. It's not like burst casters suck ass already simply by picking up one item. Yay for barrier. Looking forward to the rest of the changes at least.

Fridge

11-12-2012

I'm worried about barrier and how its gonna render ignite useless. q_q