Statikk Discusses Preseason Jungle Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

redbulldawg

11-12-2012

h

bussta boy

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statikk View Post
Yes, I'm aware Malzahar can accomplish this on Live, but in the new jungle this type of tanking occurs much more naturally for him. We'll see how it plays out.
Talk Rengar after reading your posts I think he's going to be super broken, which he already is imo.

Sunedge

11-12-2012

Quote:
Jax is actually one of the champions I feel has possibly become overpowered with the changes.

He has strong clearing speeds (Counter Strike for AoE and Empower and his passive for single target) and decent resilience (Counter Strike dodging) in the jungle. His ganks are scary because of Leap + Counter Strike stun. He also scales monstrously with the increased gold for later game.

We're monitoring him very closely.
This actually scares me a little i like to play Jax but i mostly play Jax top, if you think he is OP in the jungle before nerfing/changing him will you keep in mind that he is played in lane too? because if you nerf his stats,damage or w/e because it's OP in the jungle you may hurt his lane that it's OK imo.

Statikk

Live Balance Designer

11-12-2012
48 of 48 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrollins View Post
Why are you ignoring Kha'Zix -_-
Not trying to ignore anyone. Just busy and it's quite literally impossible to answer every question (also posting in other regions).

Just tried a Kha'Zix solo run, his clear was fairly impressive when I went a very AD heavy rune / mastery build and maxed Void Spike first. He's fairly mana hungry, but that means Spirit Stone should be a fairly solid item on him. Not sure if he would be successful in the jungle with a non-Void Spike focused build.

Zerglinator

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbulldawg View Post
Why would you throw him into dragon with it though? I guess questionable but still cool idea.
You ult the enemy into Dragon because then damage will be dealt to Dragon, which will activate Dragon. Dragon will seek out the closest person, which will be the enemy you kicked into Dragon.

Akitu

11-12-2012

I posted this question and it was skipped over apparently.

Will there be a new "jungle" item section added to the store if there are as many changes being added as we've been clued into, Statikk? It almost seems overwhelming with the amount of changes to items and the starting paths being given.

Demolishedd

11-12-2012

Statikk, sounds to me like Olaf will be a viable pick for jungle now? XD

Ginga

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-12-2012

Quote:
Not trying to ignore anyone. Just busy and it's quite literally impossible to answer every question (also posting in other regions).

Just tried a Kha'Zix solo run, his clear was fairly impressive when I went a very AD heavy rune / mastery build and maxed Void Spike first. He's fairly mana hungry, but that means Spirit Stone should be a fairly solid item on him. Not sure if he would be successful in the jungle with a non-Void Spike focused build.
So how's his health upon ganking after clearing the jungle?

Kha'zix is the complete opposite of durable, and with someone as squishy as him, the enemy who knows he can't escape will jsut turn around and burst a jungler down if he's squishy enough. As I recall, you're removing the Indomnitable and Tough Skin Masteries, this especially won't bode well for already squishy junglers whose only source of heal is that overpriced W that heals a tiny amount...

KevinDelMarr

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demolishedd View Post
Statikk, sounds to me like Olaf will be a viable pick for jungle now? XD
He always was, even with Boots 3. He will probably be more vulnerable to counter jungling, but new items should help

Sinspurch

11-12-2012

Quote:

Is Poppy never going to jungle again with these new changes and items?