Statikk Discusses Preseason Jungle Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zerglinator

Senior Member

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statikk View Post
They may be lit on fire, yep.
So there's potential for Syndra to force jungle monsters to attack her foes at her bidding?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Statikk

Live Balance Designer

11-12-2012
44 of 48 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShoreXShot View Post
Will these changes be coming in tonight's patch.
No these changes will be playable on the PBE far before they hit the Live servers.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Statikk

Live Balance Designer

11-12-2012
45 of 48 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerglinator View Post
So there's potential for Syndra to force jungle monsters to attack her foes at her bidding?
Well, I mean they will most likely be thrown out of their camp leash range and thus will still try to return to their camp.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Statikk

Live Balance Designer

11-12-2012
46 of 48 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fr˛do View Post
Is Alistar still a viable Jungler in this new jungle? Or should he stay as a support Champion?
I posted on Alistar over on the EU forums, so I'll just re-paste it here:

As far as Alistar goes, I think he is probably one of the champions who gets hurt the most with these changes. Honestly though, he has a good home in the Support role and I feel we've in many ways had to overnerf him in the Support role because his Jungle was way out of line. If we need to buff him, we'll be likely making sure that he's competitive with other Supports rather than trying to fit him into this new jungle.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vanblod

Senior Member

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox P McCloud View Post
Semi-related: do you think we'll ever see an RTS-like micro system in LoL for pets so we could feasibly use pets to tan, but witch out the pets before one dies to maximize DPS and/or tanking ability?
God I would hate this, I hate playing RTSes for this reason and I love LoL because I only have to really worry about one unit, with the exception of the short term "Hit R button" pets. But please no Lycan/Meepo type micro.. no no no no T.T


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RagNoRock5x

Senior Member

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statikk View Post
It's interesting since Malzahar's void pets now do tank for him.

When we first initially implemented the new leashing changes, champions with pets that could tank for them like Malzahar and Shaco would literally clear the entire jungle without taking a scratch. Since then, we've had to make jungle monsters deal some amount of bonus damage to pets and we're still trying to fine tune the number to make sure having pet tanks is an advantage but doesn't necessarily mean jungle invincibility.
I would like to note for you that Malz has always been able to tank jungle mobs with Voidling. Essentially he can leash himself, attack the target and then back out of range with the voiding attacking it. Once you are out of range the mob turns onto the voidling. Past level 3/4 I can kill blue while taking no damage at all (the voidling has very little health early on, same with damage). Can actually solo dragon while taking little damage as well.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Elsaliss

Senior Member

11-12-2012

Is there any chance that shaco's boxes can have a buff on duration? With the new jungle, he won't be able to put enough boxes down to significantly help clear blue buff and other neutral jungle camps.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BadgerDrool

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-12-2012

Since your responding. Jungle Karma?

Not trolling. I ask for good reason. She's actually pretty decent with her current kit in the Jungle as far as safety and clearing is concerned. Howver, she is an AP jungler and thus has problems. Like most AP junglers her damage doesn't scale particularly well vs the monsters and her clear times go down.

With hints of better itemization for AP Junglers it makes me legitimately wonder about her. I already know she needs some farm to work and with better gold gain for her effort perhaps she might come out of no where as a support/AP jungler.

So where she stands will actually tell me quite a bit about S3 jungle.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

jrollins

Senior Member

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statikk View Post
I posted on Alistar over on the EU forums, so I'll just re-paste it here:

As far as Alistar goes, I think he is probably one of the champions who gets hurt the most with these changes. Honestly though, he has a good home in the Support role and I feel we've in many ways had to overnerf him in the Support role because his Jungle was way out of line. If we need to buff him, we'll be likely making sure that he's competitive with other Supports rather than trying to fit him into this new jungle.

Why are you ignoring Kha'Zix -_-


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Statikk

Live Balance Designer

11-12-2012
47 of 48 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RagNoRock5x View Post
I would like to note for you that Malz has always been able to tank jungle mobs with Voidling. Essentially he can leash himself, attack the target and then back out of range with the voiding attacking it. Once you are out of range the mob turns onto the voidling. Past level 3/4 I can kill blue while taking no damage at all (the voidling has very little health early on, same with damage). Can actually solo dragon while taking little damage as well.
Yes, I'm aware Malzahar can accomplish this on Live, but in the new jungle this type of tanking occurs much more naturally for him. We'll see how it plays out.