FeralPony and Roku Discuss Preseason Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

pochoclotot

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-12-2012

Can we get Fortify back? I swear I'll consider using it at some point in the future, maybe.

mystical killers

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystical killers View Post
ghost is realy like falsh but u get it early level so dont take out ghost plzzz
p.s im lvl 25 tho

Rigglethor

11-12-2012

How do you expect mastery trees to look point wise, or how to you intend them to be?
is 21 in a single tree and 9 in another still going to be common? Or will more even mixes like 9/12/9 be more popular?

SotLTravis

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

11-12-2012

@FeralPony

On a scale of one to ten, how "COOL" are the new masteries? Are they super cool? Are they ultra cool?

Ragias

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeralPony View Post
This specifically has changed. You are correct Lifesteal didn't really belong in the offense tree. Lifesteal and Spellvamp are now bundled into the same mastery inside Utility. While it may not be popular among AD carry players to lose the LS from the offense tree, Utility as a whole has been made a more attractive choice for all character types.
There may be some AD casters happy with this change.

Ginga

Recruiter

11-12-2012

@Roku: Are you planning on doing anything about the noob trap Clarity?

It exists for one reason and one reason only, to warn people in Ranked games that they have an ally that still hasn't learned to manage their mana yet, and for the sake of early level players who still don't have masteries or the ability to manage their mana yet.

Why not make Clarity useful in ALL levels of play huh?

Chromaggus

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tnomad View Post
@FeralPony

On a scale of one to ten, how "COOL" are the new masteries? Are they super cool? Are they ultra cool?
Go home travis you're a camera

subo

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by pochoclotot View Post
Can we get Fortify back? I swear I'll consider using it at some point in the future, maybe.
I just asked this on like page 13.

S20G Treble

Senior Recruiter

11-12-2012

You do realize that by nerfing Flash again with a "slightly longer cooldown" your not really fixing the problem right, the only way to get less people to take Flash would be to remove it.

Personally I'd like to see you get rid of Flash in order to promote the agressive value of Surge, because Surge has a summoner spell that counters it, just like Ignite does.

Surge is countered by Exhaust and Ignite is countered by Heal. The only thing that counters Flash is Flash so if you don't take Flash then your instantly trying to handicap yourself and put the game in hard mode because so many other people are going to take Flash that you won't be able to effectively escape ganks and kills you would get will escape thanks to the short range teleport.

Then there's champions like Tristana, Ezreal, Riven, Kassadin, ect. who already have the extra mobility from utility abilities in their kits which essentially allows them to double jump in order to secure a kill or become monsters at turret diving.

I personally believe that the game would be much more balanced and "risky" if Flash was gone, and it shouldn't be there because it doesn't have a counter. I am looking forward to the the allowence of Barrier but I can't really say I'm looking forward to the other"new" spells because they aren't new, your trying to make them competitive with the utility of Flash which I don't believe will happen as long as Flash remains available.

You never hear in a champion spotlight how the Surge secured a kill, or how a Clairvoyance found the enemies camping in the bush for a counter initiation, in every Champion spotlight though, you'll hear at least 3 instances of Flash saving the champions skin or securing a kill, and Phreak recommends Flash for everybody, the only time I clearly recall him not recommending Flash is in the horribly outdated Renekton spotlight.

Keep Surge, dump Flash, and make people rotate into actual tactical strategies. If there is no Flash then the difference of summoner spell selection will immediately increase expotentially.

On masteries though I am looking forward to the mentioned changes, some more versatility in the trees would be amazing and it'd be great to see what the team has come up with.

Katarina PENTA

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GM Brandon View Post
The Utility tree is really strong for some champions, like Vlad and Morde for example, as you get more exp, CDR, and Spellvamp, but some things aren't noticeable.
It's good on Mordekaiser. But believe me, I tried it on vlad, and it's ****. Vlad doesn't need that CDR. His pool is basically a 2 second CDR reduction for him. Vlad goes offense with ghost-heal.

A side note: the only fun thing to do in this game anymore is to play veigar support.

I figured out how to make most champs in this game viable without trolling.

I figured out how to make Karma viable in a trll style, just support your midlane and deny enemy mid. and rush aegis, then ionia boots, then dorans rings and then soul shroud.