Ahri counter?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kyonyuu

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-12-2012

Im trying to practice my skillshots so I picked Ahri as my main since all she has is skillshots. Im wondering what are the counters to Ahri as of now?
I noticed that a good Katarina player usually makes it hard for me, since she can just poke at me with Q bounce from the furthest distance. And, if she wants to, she can Q > E > W and with the speed bonus from W, run in circle around me then dash back into minions so my either my Q or W wont do enough damage for trade (E's dmg reduction).

TeknoWizard

11-12-2012

Annie is my go-to counter pick to Ahri, but I dunno. God help you if you find a good Talon or Galio player against you.

Insharai

11-12-2012

Easiest way to stop her is to dodge her skill shots.
champions: Diana, LeBlanc, Talon, Fizz, Akali, Swain, Malzahar
Mechanics: Fast burst,High Health Targets, Crowd control, Magic resist.
http://lolcounter.com/ is one of my favorite sites to look counterpicks up on because it gives the mechanics section to each one.

Easiest way to stop Katarina is to wait until she uses her shunpo to you, and fire a charm directly at her. Then orb-foxfire and retreat, deny as much of her cs as you can and take advantage of the first 3 levels to bully the stuffing out of her.

Lethadind

11-12-2012

For Melee champs with Ahri what you have to do is bait them to engage and throw a charm in the face while QW and walk away. People think Fizz counter Ahri and that's just because most Ahri's don't know how to counter a Fizz. Kat is the same way. When she shunpos to you (she will be behind you) Just Charm and W, walk behind her while she's charmed and Q.

I still have a hard time with Swain, Malzahar, Diana, and any other champion that can just push minions all day long without getting in range.

OmniOblivion

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyonyuu View Post
Im trying to practice my skillshots so I picked Ahri as my main since all she has is skillshots. Im wondering what are the counters to Ahri as of now?
I noticed that a good Katarina player usually makes it hard for me, since she can just poke at me with Q bounce from the furthest distance. And, if she wants to, she can Q > E > W and with the speed bonus from W, run in circle around me then dash back into minions so my either my Q or W wont do enough damage for trade (E's dmg reduction).
Any single target disable and follow up destroys her. Take your pick:

Kassadin, LeBlanc, Annie, Talon, Pantheon. All can easily outdamage her and keep her out of lane. I like playing Veigar personally just because i can hit the stun, but this takes practice.

And with all skillshots, mobility and dodging is the #1 way to beat them.

OpTiKzer0

11-13-2012

Mordekaiser huehuehue.

Every time I go against an Ahri as Morde I stomp.

Matt9433

10-11-2013

what about zed? does he counter?

Azellos

10-12-2013

As an avid Ahri main, I think her worst two counters are Swain and Annie.
Swain is just a nightmare post 6, especially for champs who take a little longer to do their combos like Ahri. Thankfully few people play Swain well, but a good one is a huge counter.
Annie has insane burst early/midgame, especially against squishy champs like Ahri. Thankfully you outrange Annie, but one Q/W combo+2 AAs does half your HP early game, if not more, and she can kill you numerous times. If you survive and get some defense with a neg cloak or a giants belt, then it becomes a lot easier.

Vollyroollypooll

10-12-2013

I counter Ahri hard with Annie

MortonSaltBoy

10-12-2013

I actually do well on Zyra vs. Ahri. Ahri is pretty squishy once you get to her, and zyra's root allows for a short duration lock down. You can generally burst her down if you dodge her charm.

Biggest thing with the Zyra vs. Ahri match up is that you cannot rely on your ultimate to kill her. I'll use it for the finisher mostly.