Dodging in ranked shouldn't have such a huge time penalty

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SommaDis

11-12-2012

neither should doing jo mudda but i still got time penalty even though ti was consensual

deirin

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by youmadbroimnasty View Post
If ranked ques didn't have a long dodge time i would dodge every team comp i didn't like which is why it's needed
idea 2: well thats the point, if u dodge or force a dodge, U will get the penalty not some1 else... + it adds with each other...+7 min every time u dodge after 3rd

RainbowDashGG

11-12-2012

I agree, Riot needs to reduce the time on those dodges. It is ridiculous for how many trolls there are in the 1000's, hell even in the 1300's.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindllapse View Post
Had to dodge.
No you didn't.

Ophirr

11-12-2012

I agree that 30 minutes is a little much. Had an epic team comp, and all we needed was an adc, and the dude picks gangplank and says "don't worry, i'll build like an adc" -.-

zraven7

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by youmadbroimnasty View Post
If ranked ques didn't have a long dodge time i would dodge every team comp i didn't like which is why it's needed
A good point, but people just trolling to either force a half hour wait or a whole team ELO loss is a serious issue. What would you recommend as a solution?

Corner Warrior

11-12-2012

Is this a problem? Yes
Is your solution usable? Not at all

The problem is that not everyone has their day free to play LoL. Therefore, when we hop on for an hour or two, nobody wants to see you queue up, everyone pick their team, leave (waste 7 minutes of everyones time) then do it again because there is no harsh penalty.

I agree with the kick/report button during champ select, however, reducing the time penalty is just going to let anyone dodge because they didn't get their lane or say they have a bad team comp, effectively making 9 other people waste their time.

0PT1MUS PR1ME

11-12-2012

there is no easy solution guys. its not perfect, but i think the 30 minute dodge queue timer is the best solution. better than the elo penalty anyways.

Boagster

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathcomesforyá View Post
there is no easy solution guys. its not perfect, but i think the 30 minute dodge queue timer is the best solution. better than the elo penalty anyways.
THIS. How come it seems nobody in this thread remembers that the 30 minute wait time is a replacement for the old Elo Penalty / 5 minute wait time?

ChIcHiChImOn

11-14-2012

I agree! I'm only on this forum because I had a team mate act like a tough guy to me (probably some weak little nerd irl) and say he was gonna pick whoever he wanted whether we liked it or not and he picked Garen, then the person who originally called top (who was last pick) threatened to feed. How is it my fault that I had to dodge and why the hell do I have to wait this long over some unranked qualifier games just because it counts as ranked (keep in mind this was posted in the beginning of season 3 or whatever right after elo was reset)?