Draft Mode in TT

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Notrich

08-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Taco Storm View Post
I'm not 100% percent sure, but I would guess that making draft mode only would require people to own more champs than are in the free rotation, further cutting down the number of people who could play. If there was only normal draft for 3s, you'd need to own some champs.

Not a huge deal, but I feel like getting more people into TT will do more in the long run. Doed that make sense?
Getting more people into TT in the long run will be the result of draft mode.

One of the biggest BIGGEST complaints I get from friends... is that 3v3 stinks because game is balanced for 5v5 and it leads to some op champs dominating. I respond with "why not pick op champs?" and they say why play them in norms when they will be banned in ranked?

it never ends...

PLEASE DO 3v3 NORMAL DRAFT WEEKENDS a few times (and remove blind pick normal if need-be) as a present to us people that like to play normal 3v3!
(build it and they will come)

There are numourous TT draft mode normal request threads filled with these types of comments (there are probably 2 years worth of threads asking the question "why no draft mode in TT norms?" and there are probably 100's of responses like the following.
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...1#post19031321
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Nub View Post
I would play 3's if there was draft mode. NO TRYNDAMMERRRREEEE
How long will it take for riot to TRY something simple?

ps - if a normal draft only weekend is not possible - please try a one patch (2 week?) run of normal draft only to gauge customer response - I suspect that if you could get it in there for a weekend it might open the door to play some norm games with friends that refuse to play 3v3 based on op champs. I suspect you would see a huge increase in people trying 3v3 again if there was draft norms.

ps2 - not many people want to play ranked games in 3v3 with people who do not play 3v3 regularly - and not many people want to play ranked 3v3 without practicing in norm (but since many banned champs get picked in norm its not a realistic view of what you are going to see in ranked)

just out of curiosity can you share the data (or some roundabout estimates/ratios) that compare the queues between 3v3 norm/ranked mode vs dominion norm/draft/ranked modes?

also... just how tough is it to TRY something new in a game mode that is unloved by your general population of players?

aeropride

08-08-2012

at the very least they should disable known champs that are OP in TT.

Xtazed

11-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinetyNineTails View Post
You seem very sure that the only thing standing between TT and greatly increased popularity is Draft Mode.
The man is right. i would start playing TT if there was a draft mode. OP champs mirror matchups near each games isn't for me, sorry.

Malefic Vision

11-11-2012

Quote:
I'm not 100% percent sure, but I would guess that making draft mode only would require people to own more champs than are in the free rotation, further cutting down the number of people who could play. If there was only normal draft for 3s, you'd need to own some champs.

Not a huge deal, but I feel like getting more people into TT will do more in the long run. Doed that make sense?
No, it doesn't, really.

What makes sense is making a balanced game for people to play.

It's like saying "Well we've got the Dutch and Spanish Football teams here, and also the under 8s and under 7s for the district. We could seperate them, but really that just means each of them will have less game time because there's only 1 field, so we decided to put all 4 teams on the field at the same time."

I get the problem. I really do. But I really just don't care if people with under 16 champs can't play TT mode, maybe its exclusivity will actually bring it a surge of popularity among newer summoners.

If you don't have 16 champs when you hit 30 then maybe it'll be a nice wakeup call to stop wasting your RP.

TT isn't unpopular because it's a bad game mode, or a bad idea, it's unpopular because it's unbalanced. Why do you think that further stretching the balance between good and bad champions by not giving us draft pick will make the game mode more popular, just because it's more accessible?

Blind mode is an actual joke for both SR and TT. It's pretty bad in dominion too, but there are 20min queues for people who want draft there, so why not in TT as well?

If people want to play blind "ERMUHGERD WE PLAY DARI'uS SIngED AnD jAX EVERY GAMe loL" then let them, but I don't want to play with them, because it's just not fun.

What is the point of a game that isn't fun?

DietPepperPhD

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-12-2012

More people would play if there were a Draft mode, because there are a few very OP champs that need to be banned.

Sessamo

11-12-2012

100% must happen.
TT will never be popular as long as you're forced to blind pick.

MaximusEvil

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-12-2012

Quote:
So the main reason why there's no normal draft mode for TT is that there currently aren't enough players to split them between two different normal queues without severely impacting the time it takes to match with other people or the quality of the matches that get made. We're not against the idea, it's just not something that we think would improve the quality of the games in 3v3s, since you may get to ban singed/lee sin, but you may end up getting matched against much tougher competition after having waited 5-7 mins.

If you're looking for a way to ban in the meantime, however, I highly recommend trying ranked teams once you're level 30. My team and I have been doing it a lot and really enjoy it!
Are you ****in kidding me, I bet there is a huge *** base for the new TT. I hate the new TT riot, you made playing it unbearable to me atleast.

I refuse to play LoL, until they bring back the old TT, or atleast ditch altars/speed buffs, and bring back red buff!

GhoSTmaNFu

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaximusEvil View Post
Are you ****in kidding me, I bet there is a huge *** base for the new TT. I hate the new TT riot, you made playing it unbearable to me atleast.

I refuse to play LoL, until they bring back the old TT, or atleast ditch altars/speed buffs, and bring back red buff!
Good bye then. See you in a few weeks when you can't resist the urge anymore. @ Obsessed

BluePriest

11-12-2012

My preference instead of draft mode would be ranked solo/duo. Any chance of this happening?

Atlamantle

11-13-2012

well then, guess I'm not playing TT anymore then Tired of facing teams composed of singed, volibear, darius, and/or teemo every match or so.