@Pendragon - Account permanently banned while I was away for six months

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BossmanTaylor

11-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostLaneWonGame View Post
I'm keeping a tab on this page so when the time comes, I can either be extremely pleased or extremely disappointed in my trust for humanity.

I'll admit, as a staunch supporter of OP before everything was dug up, this is looking extremely for OP to clean up even if the court proceedings come back in his favor.

Tribunals don't issue permas.
I don't understand, cases go through the Tribunal up until you receive a permanent ban. My question was would I have received one based on the Tribunal cases and not the glance of a Rioter who could instantly issue a ban.

I also don't know when the permanent ban was issued, knowing that would be nice. I know it happened while I was away but when?

Sessamo

11-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BossmanTaylor View Post
I don't understand, cases go through the Tribunal up until you receive a permanent ban. My question was would I have received one based on the Tribunal cases and not the glance of a Rioter who could instantly issue a ban.
They work together. Most Tribunal verdicts are automated. Permas can still be voted on by Tribunal, but Riot gives them a final stamp.

HeartlessXiao

11-11-2012

Quote:

I also don't know when the permanent ban was issued, knowing that would be nice. I know it happened while I was away but when?
Permabans are manually handed down by the Player Behavior staff.

CannibalMoose

11-11-2012

well that was entertaining.

Lyte

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

11-11-2012
8 of 9 Riot Posts

Quote:
That's not what the question was. Was the Tribunal going to issue a permanent ban to my account before I left or even a couple months after I left?
Tribunal doesn't issue permanent bans. They escalate your accounts to my team and a special Player Support team and we would have approved it.

Yes, your behavior before 4/15/12 justified a permanent ban. I can't predict exactly when the Tribunal would have escalated the case to us because of the additional noise post 4/15/12, but I only analyzed the behaviors before 4/15/12 and those behaviors would have eventually escalated your account to us either way.

I mentioned this in the EU threads I was participating in yesterday, but the Tribunal is also not the only way you can get banned in League of Legends. There's several other systems that run sophisticated audits on player behavior and can immediately escalate your account to a 14-day or permanent ban depending on the severity of your offenses.

Given the severity of your behavior between 3/10/12 (your last Tribunal punishment) and 4/15/12 (your trip), I would have approved the permanent ban there too.

Rocko15

11-11-2012

Lyte knows best ^^

BossmanTaylor

11-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeartlessXiao View Post
Permabans are manually handed down by the Player Behavior staff.
Yes, but after warnings and bans that increase in severity until the permanent ban. My question to Lyte was, based on the Tribunal was I at that point before I left or even a couple months after? The only ban I ever received was 3 days.

Swae Lee

11-11-2012

o shizzle mah nips

LeafNeyaki

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-11-2012

Case closed

Zectre

11-11-2012

Quote:

If your behavior, no matter who is at the helm of the account, is excessively bad, you can go through millions of Tribunal cases and not get permabanned.

However, going through excessive amounts of cases will catch the eyes of people like Lyte, and if he deems it necessary, he'll lay down the law.

There could be a cap of 25 cases before permaban happens, but you could go through 50 cases before any action is taken.