@Pendragon - Account permanently banned while I was away for six months

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Excitement

11-11-2012

This is totally and utterly FUBAR... I feel sorry for the OP

Lord eXecutor

11-11-2012

solution:
remove tribunal

GG

TheDjinni

11-11-2012

Bump, hope you're legit, hope you get your account back if you are.

Edit: I wasn't surprised to see the canned response. Your original email was fairly ambiguous, you only implied that your roommate had accessed your account. Saying stuff like "I have no doubt my ban was warranted but I'd like to ask for leniency" almost sounds like you're apologizing for your bad behavior in game and chalking it up to the stress of having your money stolen by your "friend" rather than explaining that someone accessed your account without your permission. Someone skimming your response probably wouldn't have understood what you were trying to say.

Still, here's hoping you get it all fixed.

Shiny Swinub

11-11-2012

Bump for justice.

Chislayer Osiris

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHarz View Post
Would it be possible to look into his games before he supposedly left, to compare his behaviour during the 6 months to prior to it?
Or maybe his IP?

If he proves he was in alaska (boss gives details from work)
then you show that he was using an IP from alaska, then it was him.
If the IP was not from alaska while OP was in alaska, then it was not him.

I hope Riot keeps track of IP connections. They're very helpful.

Set Tesh

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-11-2012

there will be riots if this guy doesn't get his account back!
riots i say!

Yaddar

11-11-2012

yeah I live in a city where there are lots of oilers, they DO spend months in the middle of the sea with little commodities (as the upside is they get a LOT of vacation time)... if he is willing to prove it, I say give him a chance.

Minzart

11-11-2012

I hate it when friends violate your trust :/
My friends have sometimes screwed around on my account too. Like, buying champions when they're not viable, wasting my RP, lots of stuff. But nothing like this. My sympathies.

Thanks Riot for helping this man

HeartlessXiao

11-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chislayer Osiris View Post
Or maybe his IP?

If he proves he was in alaska (boss gives details from work)
then you show that he was using an IP from alaska, then it was him.
If the IP was not from alaska while OP was in alaska, then it was not him.

I hope Riot keeps track of IP connections. They're very helpful.
Someone knows how to read.

Lyte

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

11-11-2012
4 of 9 Riot Posts

Hm, this is an unfortunate case.

Could you just come clean with me? A lot of details don't make sense. For example, over 54% of the total reports on your account were placed on your account before you went on your trip on 4/15/12--I have to assume those reports were against you and not your roommate.

The Player Support staff also made a mistake and did not post your entire Tribunal history. You actually have a long history of Tribunal cases long before you went on your trip.

For example:
9/7/11 - Punished
12/5/11 - Punished
12/10/11 - Punished
3/10/12 - Punished

Your reports and chat logs before your trip are also not ideal. You consistently used words like f*ggot, noobs and worse before 4/15/12. Also, I asked about your internet connection because it seems obvious that your various social media accounts had activity throughout your trip. Did your friend ask for a Smite Beta Key a few months ago, using your social media account?

I'm going to keep this account permanently closed. I'd love to understand your situation but it doesn't match the story in the OP. I'm happy to wait for the conclusion of your legal proceedings before we proceed any further.

PS - I'm just going to throw this out there: account sharing is a bannable offense and has led to accounts being permanently closed. It's not too difficult for us to analyze behaviors and determine whether 2 people have been sharing the same account for years just based on how they behave in-game, how they type and how they file reports or receive reports--we can figure this out even if the connected IP is the same.