Jungling in the Chaos of low ELO? how??

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rounder22

11-11-2012

over aggressive lanes, passive lanes, every game is so different and there is almost zero map awareness.

Mid takes it upon himself to try and kill his opponent at level 3 and dies. Can't gank that lane so I cover for a sec, grab some easy xp and gold. Then clear wraiths and go B. About that time top dies in a gank. Bot is warded and at level 3 or 4 it's a tough gank. So I look at mid and giving up FB gave his opponent lane control and more harass so our mid is already low on life because he plays too aggressive, if I gank mid now someone could easily die, even if we get the kill.

So this is the scenario I see in a LOT of games and of course jungler gets blamed. When lanes will wait for help I always do better.

Rezo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rounder22 View Post
over aggressive lanes, passive lanes, every game is so different and there is almost zero map awareness.

Mid takes it upon himself to try and kill his opponent at level 3 and dies. Can't gank that lane so I cover for a sec, grab some easy xp and gold. Then clear wraiths and go B. About that time top dies in a gank. Bot is warded and at level 3 or 4 it's a tough gank. So I look at mid and giving up FB gave his opponent lane control and more harass so our mid is already low on life because he plays too aggressive, if I gank mid now someone could easily die, even if we get the kill.

So this is the scenario I see in a LOT of games and of course jungler gets blamed. When lanes will wait for help I always do better.
How low you talking about and what jungler you playing, the lower elo you go the less effective a tanky cc low dps jungler becomes in my opinion.

Edit: statement above is assuming theres another tanky person on your team

Candentis

11-11-2012

Low levels (I'm talking no runes here) can pretty much only use Fiddlesticks and Shaco since leashes don't exist until level 15 or so. Plus Shaco and Fiddle pwn noobs. But low elo... probably use the same thing to carry to be honest, even with runes

Etherimp

11-11-2012

Go Trundle, counter jungle aggressively and gank early and often.

At low level, no map awareness, no wards. Trundle can dive pretty early and he shuts down enemy junglers and he's a great duelist. If you need to know more about playstyle/build, let me know. Hit me up in game.

Rounder22

11-11-2012

I honestly play mostly normals - but my normal elo is well above my ranked elo. I can tell by the quality of play. I mostly jungle and support.

ryzeonline

11-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etherimp View Post
Go Trundle, counter jungle aggressively and gank early and often.

At low level, no map awareness, no wards. Trundle can dive pretty early and he shuts down enemy junglers and he's a great duelist. If you need to know more about playstyle/build, let me know. Hit me up in game.
This is a pretty decent suggestion. From what I've seen and played, Trundle is a massively underrated jungler and his kit allows him to handle a LOT of situations great (or at least come out alright )

I'm inspired to jungle him more now.

Etherimp

11-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritSentient View Post
This is a pretty decent suggestion. From what I've seen and played, Trundle is a massively underrated jungler and his kit allows him to handle a LOT of situations great (or at least come out alright )

I'm inspired to jungle him more now.

Also, since he's played so little most inexperienced players do not know how to handle him or even what a lot of his abilities do.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

11-11-2012

Usually, simply telling your teammates "If you want a gank, sit back, play passive, let your opponent push and I'll be right there" is a good start. If they actually follow up and do this, you have to follow through with the best gank they've seen ever (which shouldn't be hard at low Elos if you actually belong at a higher Elo, which the tone of this thread seems to suggest you think this way).

If you can pull this off, your whole team may be more prone to listen to you for the rest of the match.

Additionally, you should almost certainly be playing junglers that have their own CC so that you can manage the kill even if your lane partner doesn't help.

Jesot

11-12-2012

I run into problems when my team doesn't know what my champ does. I'll play Skarner and the just sit there with their thumbs up their butts when I impale an enemy.

It's nice when opponents think they can kill me 1 on 1 mid-game, but when my own team doesn't understand what makes my champ OP, I get really annoyed

Myutsü

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-12-2012

Try to use junglers that are very tanky and can clear the jungle very fast (like mundo)