FPS drop

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

N0NES OF DAMAGE

11-10-2012

Bump.. Hate that this still exists :/

SquareSoftt

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by N0NES OF DAMAGE View Post
Bump.. Hate that this still exists :/

Same here.

Bump

StoicRoivaS

11-13-2012

Still having this problem, I've noticed that the framerate often says it's reasonably high (50-60+ fps on my crappy PC) but looks much much lower. I haven't particularly noticed a difference among UI panes or various champions spells, it seems roughly constant in my experience, even when just sitting in lane waiting for the game to start. I am also noticing what appear to be tiny latency spikes along with the choppy framerate. Specifically, when clicking to move back and forth on both sides of my champion, such that they take a small step left, then right, then left, etc, back and forth, I'll get tiny hiccups where the animation isn't fluid and it looks like I sort of teleported to the next location. Note that this is very different than actual fps drop in the rendering of the image, this seems like a disconnect between my PC and the server. Hope some of this helps you figure it out, it's definitely still happening.

BlazingMuffin

11-21-2012

Every 20 ish seconds my game seems to skip a few frames for some reason, i just got a brand new gaming laptop but this never happened on my old laptop, im not sure what the problem is. ill post my dxdiag.

LadyKayra

11-22-2012

?

DRobX

11-22-2012

I'm STILL having this too, I've had to completely stop playing 3v3. Are the reds just forgetting about this or ignoring it?

Moritari

11-22-2012

This suddenly started appearing on my laptop after updating the Nvidia drivers to the newest ones last night.
Along with the freezes during fights, also sounds and music lag and repeat itself ("enemy has been een een slai lai lai lain" etc etc). Background music from a separate source has no problems and other games run smoothly and normally. This is mostly because the Nvidia has sound drivers along with graphics drivers in the same package. I'm suspecting that the new drivers aint compatible with League of Legends for some reason.
Installing older drivers back to the laptop did nothing though. Only difference now is that my sound drivers are also from Nvidia, they were from Realtek before. And the spikes happen. No matter what I've tried I cant seem to get rid of Nvidia Audio drivers at all in order to use Realtek again.. Uninstalling them will simply make the computer automatically install them back.
I dont think getting the Realtek back will do any good but it's worth a try though I quess.

In short. These fps spikes started happening after installing the newest Nvidia drivers to my laptop with Nvidia 460M graphics card. These drivers also installed Nvidia HD Audio in top of Realtek HD audio which cannot seem to be removed anymore. Uninstalling the drivers and installing old ones again will not let me get the Realtek audio drivers back and it does not remove the fps spikes either.

FlightlessChimpy

11-24-2012

well it was fine for me for a long time then i ran into a sad robot, who despaired all the time, in short his w made my fps drop and i think it's the same problem as before so here is my dxdiag again.

iArizona

11-25-2012

Now, My computer isn't that new and all...but it can still handle league of legends at around 40-50~ fps on low setting but now, on the new TT map, I'm looking at around 10-20~ fps. ( low setting still).

Ixyn Lord

12-10-2012

... I aways played LoL at 60 FPS, but now this problem is showing up, I begin the game with 60 FPS and after 10~15min it begins to drop. It's just ridiculous.