League of Legends - the Canadian Scene

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SculptorOvFlesh

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedCrusader10 View Post
You're not helping, you don't even care about if Canada gets a better scene or not.

The post's purpose was to make people see that Canadians care about the game, stop clouding it with hate comments, it just leads to nothing but pain and misery.
1v1 qwuik scopes


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

And it was K

Member

11-10-2012

Canada is part of NA. <3 We love our hat.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MaskedCrusader10

Senior Member

11-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SculptorOvFlesh View Post
1v1 qwuik scopes
You're really not caring one bit about the sake of this post...

Well, at least you're kind of bumping the post for all the forum to see, so I guess I'll thank you!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheYerrowPeril

Member

11-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedCrusader10 View Post
You're really not caring one bit about the sake of this post...

Well, at least you're kind of bumping the post for all the forum to see, so I guess I'll thank you!
just ignore him


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gibgezr

Senior Member

11-10-2012

As someone from an actual bilingual province (hint: it's Canada's only officially bilingual province, and it's not Quebec), let me explain why there is not enough need for a French-language-only server in NA: there aren't enough uni-lingual French players to make it worth Riot's time/effort/money.

I thought this was going to be a cool thread about Canadian LoL; I have trouble expressing how disappointed I am that it is a silly request for a server meant to exclude most Canadians. The title needed to be "League of Legends: the Quebec scene".

Svp, ne pensez pas que j'insulte les Canadiens français. J'ai simplement pensé que ceci allait être une discussion intéressante, pas ennuyeuse.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CooLTanG

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Master Recruiter

11-10-2012

I'm Canadian, but them Quebec people geez, get off ur high horse. At least if they made a French server host it in France.....

If they did this for NA French speaking players, they'd have to make a NA Spanish server for the states, and spread players out even thinner for no apparent reason!

I'd go for a Canadian server in general, but we have total pop like 34mil, and I doubt even 1% of that pop plays LoL, so it'd be one empty server.

*edit at least, there's 65mil people in France alone, doubling Canada's total population.....

*edit 2, - In Canada, about 22 percent of the population reported that their mother tongue was French.... so 22% of 34mil = 7.57mil now a server with just those players would be good, but how many of those would play.....


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MaskedCrusader10

Senior Member

11-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibgezr View Post
As someone from an actual bilingual province (hint: it's Canada's only officially bilingual province, and it's not Quebec), let me explain why there is not enough need for a French-language-only server in NA: there aren't enough uni-lingual French players to make it worth Riot's time/effort/money.

I thought this was going to be a cool thread about Canadian LoL; I have trouble expressing how disappointed I am that it is a silly request for a server meant to exclude most Canadians. The title needed to be "League of Legends: the Quebec scene".

Svp, ne pensez pas que j'insulte les Canadiens français. J'ai simplement pensé que ceci allait être une discussion intéressante, pas ennuyeuse.
Well, the Server was really more of a "hey, that'd be nice", the post was really more about the Scene in general. If it appeared like I only wanted a new server for the french-only speakers, i guess it really is because i'm not as good as i thought in english to express myself perfectly...

I'm serious, what I want in the near future would be events/contests/tournaments for every canadian teams/players not just a server, the server is really minor details in my opinion. The fact that Qc's laws are really strict when it comes to products is the only reason why i put these informations in the post in the first place. The ONLY thing i wanted to know out of this is IF Riot had plans to make a French Server. Out of curiosity, that's it.

The post was really about the Scene itself and what they wanted to do with it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Scension

Senior Member

11-10-2012

I'd like to see invitations and events in Canada
It'll create more hype


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MaskedCrusader10

Senior Member

11-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CooLTanG View Post
I'm Canadian, but them Quebec people geez, get off ur high horse. At least if they made a French server host it in France.....

If they did this for NA French speaking players, they'd have to make a NA Spanish server for the states, and spread players out even thinner for no apparent reason!

I'd go for a Canadian server in general, but we have total pop like 30mil, and I doubt even 1% of that pop plays LoL, so it'd be one empty server.
I misinterpreted my thoughts with these words, i really wanted more of a French CLIENT, not a full server for French-speakers. The French client in France is really what I was going for with this question...

I fixed the OP, i hope it's better :\


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pira8

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-10-2012

Ya, Riot.... Why you no come to Canada?