League of Legends - the Canadian Scene

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MaskedCrusader10

11-10-2012

48k views, 250+ thumbs up and a red post, woot! Keep 'em coming :3

EDIT: This edit may be on April Fool's day, but it is no joke. I just wanted to point just how much Canada's place in NA in the LoL community is inexistant. As mention below, I explain about the lack of events/contests/content in general directly targeted to the Canadian Scene, but, with the latest update to the community, CHEW, you can clearly see our invisibility to Riot's eyes. You can plainly see that there aren't any Canadian cities in CHEW. You advertised CHEW as "The Void's most ravenous deourer... Earth's modern cities... A recipe for destruction!", does that mean you don't consider Canada to have any modern cities? I would've enjoyed being able to crush the hell out of Montreal's Olympic Stadium, or Toronto's CN tower, or really any cities, but at the moment I feel as if Riot just does not care about the hat of America... Which is rather sad consider just how many Canadians enjoy your company...! This edit isn't just about CHEW and the lack of Canadian cities, while this is indeed kind of sad, it really does not change much to the gameplay in any way, it's just that we, as a part of NA, should be in a better position in your community than where it is at the moment. I've tried to make this post to make Riot and everybody realize that there is indeed someone on top of the US in the community that wants recognition as gamers and members of the community. I do not want any labels like "Canadian member" on the forum, or anything like that, I, or even we, just want to be part of the evolution and the experience that is eSport and League of Legends and by not including us in most of the content, even in the smallest extent, makes me disappointed.

EDIT 2: I really like the idea of celebrating Canada Day as well as the 4th of July in one massive fan art contest, giving a chance to get out past Olympic related and American themed skins is really awesome! As much as the CHEW episode made me disappointed of Riot, since it felt as if you neglected a growing part of North America, it felt as if you set NA as the US only and Canada was just a small player base without a name nor major city to represent them, but, in good spirit of celebration of our nations, I forgive you Riot :3 I would truly appreciate to see a Canadian event where LoL would be the main course, but, for now, i'm truly grateful. Happy Canada Day and 4th of July everyone!

This is mostly a message for the crew at Riot Games in general,

League of Legends, the game we will keep forever dear to our heart, became one of the most popular/played game in the world. As the Season 2 draws to its end, I believe it could be time to take the Canadian Scene to a whole new level.

I know I am only one gamer in a sea of players, but I feel that we could really do something great with the massive number of great Canadian gamers. Seeing how the Tournaments in Asia, Europe and the United-States are doing and events such as the Lone Star Clash 2 (which was going when I first posted this message), I kind of feel left out from the action, since nothing is really happening in Canada... It really is not because we are in the ice cold plains of Quebec (or anywhere in Canada really) that we do not enjoy and play the game religiously! We all love this game and want to be part of the LoL experience!

Every institution I been in the last two years were filled with gamers that loved League of Legends as much as I do. Watching the tournaments, streams, playing pretty much every day, loving every minute of it, yet they all felt as if the game should be more present in our country.

I am not the greatest, nor the most experienced player, but I really would love to see or feel the experience of a crowd of people screaming in unison in reaction to a certain juke or play in a live event in a nearby city.

So here are my questions to you Riot :

Do you have any plans in Season 3 for Canadian players? If so is it on a competitive level, like tournaments?

If not, do you have plans on organizing or coming to showcase event in Canada? If so, can we get a little bit of insight of what they will be?

Finally, if you literally have no plan for Canada in the future, what is there do to as a community to make a change and be more included in the NA Scene?

I really look forward to your response.

- MaskedCrusader10

EDIT: also, do you plan on ever making a North America French Client? Like what you did for the French in the EU.West Server, who has the possibility to be played on different languages, but with a more Canadian-type French for NA players...? (This is mostly out of pure curiosity, but also since Canada is a billingual country with a lot of French LoL players. It would help new players and the none billingual players to understand the nuances that can be seen in descriptions, which help them improve or utilze fonctions they haven't fully understood before, hence leading them towards a greater tomorrow on the fields of Justice..?)

Quote:
Well Red hands are tied with developing the scene IN AMERICA.

They said they'd work with other countries developing their scenes, but they're not going to build a scene wholesale just because there's a player base there. See: Brazil.

If Canada wants a scene, it needs to start it without Riot's help. We can beg for support later.
This is such a valid point that I haven't taken in account when I first made this post.

What I think we could do is find the time to gather some teams make something happen.

We could try and gather up all the Canadian teams that are willing to sacrifice time and effort and create something new for the Future. Please post your team name and teammates summoner name, I will try and make a list of all the teams I can find to organise either online scrims or ranked 5v5 casting sessions or something.

Feel free to post your info (Summoner Name/Team/Time zone/Schedule, whatever you see fit) and ideas on what could be done to improve the semi-existant Canadian scene.

For the moment that's what I got in mind : an online "King Of the Hill"-type tournament every week, that could be done rather easily with at least four teams (the first week) then five, with a full roster and a bit of time on our hands. All I would need is team with which to compete and a bit of time to manage all this...! :P

I made a Channel on the Client for if you guys want to communicate. The Channel is Canada, plain and simple.

Let's make something great happen guys!

SculptorOvFlesh

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedCrusader10 View Post
This is mostly a message for Riot Games in general,

League of Legends, the game we will keep forever dear to our heart, became one of the most popular/played game in the world. As the Season 2 draws to its end, I believe it could be time to take the Canadian Scene to a whole new level.

I know I am only one gamer in a sea of players, but I feel that we could really do something great with the massive number of great Canadian gamers. Seeing how the Tournaments in Asia, Europe and the United-States are doing, with events such as the Lone Star Clash 2 that is going on right now, I really feel left out from the action, being a Québécois and all... It really is not because we are in the ice cold plains of Quebec that we do not enjoy and play the game religiously!

Every institution I went to in the last two years were filled with gamers that loved the game as much as I do, watching the tournaments, streams, playing pretty much every day, loving the experience. Yet they all felt that the game should be more present in our country.

I am not the greatest player, and certainly not the worst, but I really would love to see or feel the experience of a crowd of people screaming in unison in reaction to a certain juke or play in a live event in a nearby city.

So here's my question to you Riot :

Do you have any plans in Season 3 for Canadian players on a competitive level?

If not, will you ever plan in making a North America French Server?

(I do not feel the necessity of using a French Client to have a better experience of the game in all honesty. Even though I spoke only French for the first five years of my life, it is really more a question of curiosity, buuuut it could always be used for integration in the eyes of the "French must be main language of all product"-type society of Québec, with their laws and all...!)

And finally, knowing that Riot Games expanded to Moscow, Dublin, Istanbul, Sao Paulo, Seoul and St-Louis, will there ever be an Ottawa Riot Games? or Quebec Riot Games?

Seeing as we have one of the biggest office of Ubisoft here in Montréal, with talented hardworking gamers in hand, would you ever be interested in expanding the company to your neighbors' land in a near future?

I really look forward to your response.

- MaskedCrusader10

PS : Keep in mind that I am only but a Liberal Art's Major Student at a random University in Québéc, without much resources to go around the globe, being a student and all... So yeah, it may or may not have a bit of influence on my post...! Hehehe
Quebec isn't part of Canada, gtfo my land.

DuckyFriend

11-10-2012

I live in British Columbia.
and im getting alright ping. also, quebec wants to seperate from canada so maybe you should just play QC games

MaskedCrusader10

11-10-2012

I really hope you are kidding, because... first of all we were the first part of Canada's History... Plus tried twice to "get off your land", but it failed twice because Canadians didn't want us to leave the country. Make up your minds man... xD

Sojs

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-10-2012

fuk u french canada lets scrap\

poutine if i win

NAME666666666666

11-10-2012

whats a canada?

MaskedCrusader10

11-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckyFriend View Post
I live in British Columbia.
and im getting alright ping
It wasn't much for the Ping itself, it's more of a means to get into Quebec's strict laws about the economy and stuff...

spciytaco69r

11-10-2012

negged for mentioned quebec

MaskedCrusader10

11-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by spicytaco69r View Post
negged for mentioned quebec
Yeah... I saw... what the hell seriously. The post was about Canada in general, it does imply Quebec, because this is where I am from, but seriously, it was for all of us Canadians, not just me and Quebec.

Albatrosspro

11-10-2012

Countries dont matter, its the internet. Canada is closer to me than the nearest US state.