Hi, I'm new.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

iampoloa

11-10-2012

Hello my name is Steven and I'm new to this game. Can you guys tell me how to play so I can play with my level 30 friend? Tell me Darius' abilities? My friend says he is OP and i have no idea what that means. He said something about a ultimate, and he says that's OP. Please tell me what Darius' abilities are. Thank you guys, and I hope I enjoy this game.

Nidilen

11-10-2012

Hey iampoloa

Darius is a brusier champion that has some very strong abilities! The one thing that he is very strong at is executing carries!

He has a passive called hemorrhage and it works with his ultimate. His auto attacks and abilities make your champion bleed, and for each attack/ability he puts on you, you gain one stack. It max's at 6 stacks, and at that point if he use's his ultimate he will do 320 true damage (+150% of his ad). This is only at level 1 ultimate (level 6).

For the most part, that is what makes him "op", and he also has a cone shaped grab!

If you have any more questions just ask!

Happy Summoning!

~Nidilen

Mulach18

11-10-2012

Welcome to League iampoloa! Darius is a pretty OP Champion. OP means overpowered. Nidilen just tell you all of his abilities. In case you didn't know, there is a champions section in the site, Just look for it. It will list all the champions, So it's good. Just keep posting if you have more questions!

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

11-10-2012

Darius isn't actually OP, he only gives off the appearance of being so. His ultimate refreshes if he lands a killing blow, but there are plenty of ways to prevent that from happening (beyond winning the team fight before he has a chance to do so or simply killing him).

The truth is that Darius is often 'frustrating' to play against. Frustrating and over-powered are not the same thing.

Fs Son0fSilas

11-10-2012

Since this wasn't answered...

An "Ultimate" is the champions most powerful skill. As abilities are mapped out Q.W.E and R. the R key is where a champions "ult" is bound. Often these skills deal high amounts of damage or have some for of "CC" (crowd control) attached to them, though not always. In most cases they also have very long cooldowns. In some cases they are defensive and grant buffs/heals for the team, or allow the champion to take significant damage without dieing. They can also only be ranked up 3 times as apposed to the 5 time as their other abilities.

In Darius' case his Ult deals massive damage to a single target. If he deals the killing blow the CD is instantly refreshed, and he has the ability to execute multiple targets in a short time.

Other Ults include Shen's "Stand united" which shields himself and an ally as it chanels, then teleports him great distances to their location.

You also see moves like "Summon: Tibbers", which brings to life a giant flaming teddy bear ensorcelled by Annie, the Dark Child.

mambawarrior0

11-10-2012

It should also be noted that if you group up with a level 30, you need to expect a HUGE challenge, as you will be matched with people roughly between your skill levels, which should basically mean he will faceroll everyone and you will be struggling just to stay alive.

ScorchXBanister

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by mambawarrior0 View Post
It should also be noted that if you group up with a level 30, you need to expect a HUGE challenge, as you will be matched with people roughly between your skill levels, which should basically mean he will faceroll everyone and you will be struggling just to stay alive.
If he doesn't even know what an ultimate is (And I hate to say, but if he can't even figure it out) he won't be struggling to stay alive, he'll be KOed every time he gets to lane no matter how close to his tower he is

I want to help you out, Steven, but the sheer amount of knowledge I would have to impart to you to enable you to play with your lv.30 friend would be like going back to school. I don't say this to deter you from playing, but you don't seem like you've even played an RTS before. It'd be much better if your friend just coached you for a while instead of starting out playing with him.

iampoloa

11-11-2012

Thank you guys. That is very useful. I still have a few things though. One, does every champion have an ultimate? And my friend also says that some champions do not use mana, and think I that's cool. Can you tell me if every champion has an ultimate and the champions that don't use mana?

iampoloa

11-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScorchXBanister View Post
If he doesn't even know what an ultimate is (And I hate to say, but if he can't even figure it out) he won't be struggling to stay alive, he'll be KOed every time he gets to lane no matter how close to his tower he is

I want to help you out, Steven, but the sheer amount of knowledge I would have to impart to you to enable you to play with your lv.30 friend would be like going back to school. I don't say this to deter you from playing, but you don't seem like you've even played an RTS before. It'd be much better if your friend just coached you for a while instead of starting out playing with him.
OK, I will tell my friend that a I can't play with him until I am the max level.

Swirl28

11-11-2012

I tend to coach new people (nubs/noob/nooblet, etc) in-game, and answer questions they may have on the fly. I don't play ranked because I'm gathering a team, but your more then welcome to add me. My in-game name is Swirl28, my main is Jayce. It would also be easier to converse i ngame then the fourms, as the instat messaging feature.

Side note, in case you decide to go it alone. leage of legends hasa tutorial. Hit play, and don't hit the pvp selcetion or ai, etc. it's called battle training I belive. it will help you alot, and at least teach you what the abilities and Summoner spells do.

Edit: I don't belive noob is an offensive term unless used in that context. Just to clarify We were all new to lol at some point.