Item Preview Dust Sweeping

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CoonSan CoonSan

11-10-2012

Now all we need is GA removal and this game will be almost perfect. GA is only used by teams that are snowballing hard to pretty much ensure a win. It is such a snowball item and just needs to be removed. The only counter play to it is to buy a GA yourself and that is almost impossible when you are on a team that is down 10k gold.

Almost forgot. Boots need to be upped to 400-425 gold so we can finally stop seeing boots pots first on every single champ in the game.

FallenBlade

11-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
If we wanted to make Math Wars, we'd make Math Wars. It would be epic. INTEGRATE THIS CALCULATION TO DEAL MASSIVE DAMAGE.
Oh yeah!!

Switzer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Switzer View Post
You mentioned that you tried and failed to bring up melee ADC's. I made a thread in Item discussion that gives an idea that might work, I'd like feedback. You probably don't have time to read the thread, so summary: Could we use items that are exclusive to the three MADC's to introduce new effects on items with stat inefficiency (like QSS, but exclusive), to offer potential workarounds, so that MADC's. 2 problems I had in mind with the idea: the problem that you can't give a MADC an item they need without it being impossible (from a programming/engineering standpoint) to implement on all melee champions and/or more OP on other champs, and the problem of if kit-wise mechanics are put on the champions' spells, it might take away from the rest of the champions' kits (i.e. champ has 4 active abilities, this cool new mechanic would need an active/toggle)
Wow, I eff'd up the wording on that one, was trying to get the summary out fast, let me fix that.

You mentioned that you tried and failed to bring up melee ADC's. I made a thread in Item discussion that gives an idea that might work, I'd like feedback (MADC balancing is near impossible). You probably don't have time to read the thread, so summary: Could we use items that are exclusive to the three MADC's to introduce new effects on items to offer workarounds to MADC's fundamental flaws? I was thinking that with stat inefficiency (like QSS, but exclusive), MADC's would have to sacrifice some of their DPS build in favor of one of these items, making a fair tradeoff. 2 problems I had in mind with the idea: the problem that you can't give a MADC an item they need without it being impossible (from a programming/engineering standpoint) to implement on all melee champions and/or more OP on other champs, and the problem of if kit-wise mechanics are put on the champions' spells, it might take away from the rest of the champions' kits (i.e. champ has 4 active abilities, this cool new mechanic would need an active/toggle)

Fomorian27

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
I know - when I originally tested the item, I intended it to deal physical damage. When we tested it, it dealt physical damage. When it was overpowered at % maximum health, it did physical damage.

When they ported it over to TT - I'm not sure what exactly happened. XD
Are you and nome on ok terms? It sounds like you guys have a lot of disagreements, what with VDP and now this..

FallenBlade

11-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quartaroy View Post
Why not build % based damage on resist reversal?

The more resists they build, the closer the item achieves true damage. In the end, it'll do 0.5% to squishies and 5% to tanks.
Refer to Xypherious' post about math wars

PhattyBacon

11-10-2012

Oh, and is there a new kind of iteration of innervating locket in s3? I remember hearing that it would come back in some form, but i'm not sure if shurelia's or locket is supposed to be it.

IS16ac70fce0d8ebbea8e0b

11-10-2012

BoRK on Fiora > GG tankies ;p

Xypherous

Systems Designer

11-10-2012
56 of 56 Riot Posts

Quote:
Are you and nome on ok terms? It sounds like you guys have a lot of disagreements, what with VDP and now this..
I don't usually follow all of the TT stuff since I'm pretty heads down in making sure all of this works out in SR. I typically get tunnel vision when I'm working on something.

Soulthresher

11-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoonSan CoonSan View Post
Now all we need is GA removal and this game will be almost perfect. GA is only used by teams that are snowballing hard to pretty much ensure a win. It is such a snowball item and just needs to be removed. The only counter play to it is to buy a GA yourself and that is almost impossible when you are on a team that is down 10k gold.

Almost forgot. Boots need to be upped to 400-425 gold so we can finally stop seeing boots pots first on every single champ in the game.
No. Just no.

ploki122

11-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoonSan CoonSan View Post

Or, simply do exactly as they said they did... make GA more cost-efficient and less slot-efficient

and create more viable starting items so that there is actually an early choice happening...