Item Preview Dust Sweeping

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Switzer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-10-2012

You mentioned that you tried and failed to bring up melee ADC's. I made a thread in Item discussion that gives an idea that might work, I'd like feedback. You probably don't have time to read the thread, so summary: Could we use items that are exclusive to the three MADC's to introduce new effects on items with stat inefficiency (like QSS, but exclusive), to offer potential workarounds, so that MADC's. 2 problems I had in mind with the idea: the problem that you can't give a MADC an item they need without it being impossible (from a programming/engineering standpoint) to implement on all melee champions and/or more OP on other champs, and the problem of if kit-wise mechanics are put on the champions' spells, it might take away from the rest of the champions' kits (i.e. champ has 4 active abilities, this cool new mechanic would need an active/toggle)

Phatshady912

11-10-2012

There is one thing that seems so obviously simple yet never gets brought up as a solution in these threads.

DFG and MBR were intended to be anti tank items. Neither actually functioned as an anti tank item because of Magic Resist. Infact they both were more effective against targets with low MR, who are also likely to have lower health.

Why Aren't both of these items simply remade with weaker numbers yet dealing % true damage? Now they hit tanks and squishies just as hard. It is such a simple and obvious change.

Maybe a true damage MBR would be a problem on Vayne? However I don't see why this isn't a perfect solution to the problem of DFG. BV would still be the way to counter DFG.

ZodiacKiller20

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-10-2012

Is there any upgrade for Bilgewater cutlass that a jungler like Fiora can use? The item could be what it takes to make Fiora, Yii viable since they will get to pull off some successful ganks with the active and snowball from there.
Also any attack speed early jungler items?

EFG

11-10-2012

Where are the new burst caster options we were told we would get when DFG was being thrown under a bus?.

ploki122

11-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phatshady912 View Post
There is one thing that seems so obviously simple yet never gets brought up as a solution in these threads.

DFG and MBR were intended to be anti tank items. Neither actually functioned as an anti tank item because of Magic Resist. Infact they both were more effective against targets with low MR, who are also likely to have lower health.

Why Aren't both of these items simply remade with weaker numbers yet dealing % true damage? Now they hit tanks and squishies just as hard. It is such a simple and obvious change.

Maybe a true damage MBR would be a problem on Vayne? However I don't see why this isn't a perfect solution to the problem of DFG. BV would still be the way to counter DFG.
because %hp true damage is a terrible design... there is simply no counter-play. At least vayne has to land 3 consecutive shots... make silver bolts proc on every hits, and she has o get nerfed to oblivion (or reworked)

EDIT : ninja'd the vlad?

Nyx of Adyton

11-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
A lot of Pro player feedback centers around this fact as well. They tend to hate Oracle sweeping being a concept and would prefer the game revolve more around Pink Ward strategies.

Does this mean nerfs to Oracle, complete removal or switch it to dominion counterpart Oracle's Extract and balance around limited duration sweeping?

Xypherous

Systems Designer

11-10-2012
55 of 56 Riot Posts

Quote:
Why Aren't both of these items simply remade with weaker numbers yet dealing % true damage?
% health true damage doesn't counter tanks. It just counters everyone equally - so if it's good enough to counter tanks - you should just get it every game.

It also generally gets terrible feedback in testing. You essentially start invalidating entire classes from playing the game due if the baseline counter is this.

PhattyBacon

11-10-2012

hextech chicken sounds absolutely hilarious, any insight on what it was specifically?

WhackedRak

11-10-2012

Concerns about the SS item.

Am I able to see my opponents charges? A good support will watch the enemy supports inventory closely. I need to make note of when they disappear for a time it takes to walk to dragon or just to tri-bush and reappear with one less in their inventory. I can then ping for the jungler to know which route to take to gank. I know the in-game UI is limited atm, compared to the spectating UI and doesn't exactly show a plethora of information.

Have you considered this SS item may cause players to fall back on a routine warding process that turns warding into a boring monotony. I would just be cycling the two main jungle ganking routes early game, the two jungle entrances mid game, and the two baron entrances late game. This may not be fun. With an itemized stack of wards I will ward more proactively at my own discretion and not necessarily cycle-ward the two key spots ASAP to make the most of the item. Why the decision to allow only two charges on the field at once?? I don't see how this item is a good alternative to say, a mastery point deep within the Utility tree that makes wards half-priced.

This does make the tendency of teams to black out baron entirely more frustrating. They could clear the pit, walk away, and then one or more SS holders could blow their two ward load, recall and be back with more charges by the time they clear them again. I feel like wards shouldn't be so cheap in this type of late game scenario.

Quartaroy

11-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
% health true damage doesn't counter tanks. It just counters everyone equally - so if it's good enough to counter tanks - you should just get it every game.

It also generally gets terrible feedback in testing. You essentially start invalidating entire classes from playing the game due if the baseline counter is this.
Why not build % based damage on resist reversal?

The more resists they build, the closer the item achieves true damage. In the end, it'll do 0.5% to squishies and 5% to tanks.