Item Preview Dust Sweeping

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lenarin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
In general, the removals have focused on ones that warp gameplay around itself to the point where no other items can exist or ones that prevents the creation of items that would encourage flexibility in builds.

For example - There is no item that can compete with Heart of Gold. It fits into any build that doesn't run raw damage and is never a bad idea. There is no reason for any other tier 1 item to exist when Heart of Gold does.

In the case of FoN - You can't create many additional MS% or MR options when FoN exists - because the stacked potential would excessively strong. MR and MS% destroy mages when they're readily available as a mage's main safety is range and burst.

Any additional MR/MS% options added to the game would have to also necessitate nerfing FoN as well the items would've had to be balanced to the stacked case - rather than the individual case.

no mention on the % health regen, the reason I got FoN on most tanks needing MR over an athenes or Abyssal

Shiny Zorua

11-10-2012

About Phantom Dancer - You said there's a huge nerf in store for the movespeed? (Correct me if I'm wrong) - How does this bode well for the AD carries without escapes such as Kog'Maw and Ashe?

It seems to me they'd only really be viable in premade games with "protect the carry" team compositions. I get what you're trying to do, but will they be buffed somehow? Maybe base movement speed? With the current route this is headed, there's not really a reason to pick them over mobile carries.

Lolex

11-10-2012

Could you explain a little regarding why you think Blade of the Ruined King will work better then MBR? As you meantioned earlier, the problem with MBR is that the on hit effect deals magic damage rather then physical damage. Do you think it will become viable simply because it now heals you a bit as well? I would personally go for a BT instead.

Kawaii Bill Orly

11-10-2012

Hi, I play Heimerdinger quite alot as main, and generally rune/masteries focus him for cooldowns having 19,3% at level 1 and using the 20% from his ult to pump him to near max cool downs.

Since I know Heimy's laning is stupidly broken I know I don't need AP to harass the enemy constantly, I really just focus on building mana items and then going for a full conversion of mana too power.

I start with an early tear of the goddess, move to pen boots with a Rod of Ages for sustain.

Once I get here, I start using AA to convert over from passive farming to high damage building a Deathcap and a Void or another AA depending on if I see MR coming my way.

I generally finish each game around the 800 AP mark, (full build is about 1k, with a variant of 1080 AP)

I've looked at these changes and I'm wondering, with the new itemization such as the new Arch angels will I be looking at a loss in DPS or would I be looking at a boost... I know some of the stats are looking more promising but I've yet to break into full math mode.

TL : DR is Arch Angels stacking going to be effective in season 3?

a tiny ant

11-10-2012

So, is Tiamat still going to do splash damage to champions? I love stacking Tiamats on Fiora and Shyvana.

M3TASH33P

11-10-2012

Have you guys tried removing oracles all together? It seems like most stealth champs are balanced around having that mechanic, when in reality they usually dont.

I think picking stealth revealing champs/using pink wards effectively would be a good enough counter, why have the 400g option that works 24/7?

TheOrdinaryGuy

11-10-2012

how about the new item - dust sweeping?

Xypherous

Systems Designer

11-10-2012
53 of 56 Riot Posts

Quote:
Could you explain a little regarding why you think Blade of the Ruined King will work better then MBR? As you meantioned earlier, the problem with MBR is that the on hit effect deals magic damage rather then physical damage. Do you think it will become viable simply because it now heals you a bit as well? I would personally go for a BT instead.
I'm not sure what they did for TT - but when I originally designed BoRK for SR, it did physical damage.

The second part of it was that the short range of the active life/ms steal made it so that a ranged carry had a limited degree of self-peeling - and bruisers couldn't use it to initiate you from afar. Thus the ranged carry could slip away using BoRK's active and then resume shooting you in the face with arrows.

It was traditionally strong in testing due to the fact that the little bit of slow steal / self-peeling gave your tank time to regather on you and protect you from the bruiser.

At a certain point, once you got enough attack speed - quasi-face tanking a late game bruiser with low damage became a possibility, especially after LW.

Fox P McCloud

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-10-2012

Xyph---Any ideas on when jungle, item, mastery, and such changes roll out? Not a concrete date, but like...before 2013?

Also, are they all going to be rolled out together or more in stages?

NotBuzzJack

11-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphoristic View Post
Do you know if any/all of the items will receive new artwork? Some of them look pretty bad.
Wit's end, aka the blue triangle with a hilt.