Item Preview Dust Sweeping

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xypherous

Systems Designer

11-10-2012
51 of 56 Riot Posts

Quote:

Limited wards would never have "the possibility that you can black out your opponent and gain full vision" because you would never realistically have full vision of everything. And it eliminates the mass wards everywhere all the time, which you admit has "generally been pretty bad."

Also, is it possible the problem doesn't necessarily lie in the cost/acquiring of wards, but instead in the way they are cleared?
Full vision for a team typically means 3 wards - as you can localize conflict on the map such that 3 wards are enough for you to care about all major inlets and outlets to the objective you care about. (Typically Nashor, but side towers as well.)

Quote:
Also, is it possible the problem doesn't necessarily lie in the cost/acquiring of wards, but instead in the way they are cleared?
A lot of Pro player feedback centers around this fact as well. They tend to hate Oracle sweeping being a concept and would prefer the game revolve more around Pink Ward strategies.

Fox P McCloud

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
Hextech Chicken? It took an insane amount of micro for very little gain actually. While the concept was hilarious - it just didn't work out. You'd constantly have to manage the Chicken - but then you weren't really doing anything else important
Question; are there any pet items in S3 that do, in fact, give you a pet that does something for you? Ie: summons spectral archer's who deal damage and grievous wounds on their auto-attacks or something.

NotBuzzJack

11-10-2012

So I just found out you posted about Manamune on the EU forums, bot not on the NA...What up with that.

Xypherous

Systems Designer

11-10-2012
52 of 56 Riot Posts

Quote:
Question; are there any pet items in S3 that do, in fact, give you a pet that does something for you? Ie: summons spectral archer's who deal damage and grievous wounds on their auto-attacks or something.
Not really, no.

Fox P McCloud

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-10-2012

Quote:
Not really, no.
Would you ever consider this an option--or would LoL require a new micro system first?

Titan Tactics

11-10-2012

(Remake) Leviathan - Cost 475
+50 Health UNIQUE Passive: Your champion gains 50 Health every minute (up to 5 times).

Ask Tyrant Swain

11-10-2012

Quote:
A lot of Pro player feedback centers around this fact as well. They tend to hate Oracle sweeping being a concept and would prefer the game revolve more around Pink Ward strategies.
So what happens to Oracle then?

Klendt

11-10-2012

Would you guys kindly stop "nerfing" %health on hit items by changing them from "maximum HP" to "Current HP"?
That's not actually a "nerf". It just completely changes the PURPOSE of the item.
It goes from "most effective against enemies with tons of HP" to "Most effective on enemies who are uninjured (and unengaged by any of my allies)".
In case you hadn't noticed, that changes the optimal use case from "when the time is right" to "as early in the fight as possible". Unless the character in question is a tanky initiator, that is NOT what you want. At all.

Izzabelle

11-10-2012

Quote:
In the current environment - health would override all other statistics in terms of what you would want, due to the nature of bottom lane.

While the items you've described would be cool - first I'd want to make sure Sightstone takes the game in a direction that we like first and then branch out from there.
That's fair. I am just worried that instead of "a stack of wards", we've essentially just got a ward item that must be built each and every game on every support.

Which is the same as a stack of wards in the sense that -- there's no build variety in this aspect. For example, if I need MR -- I have a lot of different options for a lot of different roles, with different stats. Same with AD. But if I need wards -- it's just this item. So as a support, being expected to ward, it's this or a stack of wards. And since Sightstone wins out in gold efficiency eventually, I'll always be getting it over the stack of wards. So sightstone becomes the item I need for warding all the time -- which means whatever it's build path is, is what I'll be building -- all the time. Alternatives would be nice, even if they're not as powerful as sightstone, but perhaps offer more varied build paths into different support items.

I'm excited to see how the item plays out though, it definitely is a much better alternative to the "Stack of Wards".

Aphoristic

11-10-2012

Do you know if any/all of the items will receive new artwork? Some of them look pretty bad.