Item Preview Dust Sweeping

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IntuitionaL

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-10-2012

Is there anything going to be done about boots of swiftness?

I feel like every other boot option just gives you more. Boots of swiftness is like a more stable and constant boots of mobility if you know what I mean and mobility boots has begun to take over swiftness' role and becoming more favoured so swiftness boots don't feel like they have a place anymore in meaningful purchases.

Either a removal or a interesting change needs to be done with boots of swiftness I feel.

Ghostface Killah

11-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by tempnameA461 View Post
Hey guys.
Let's remove HoG in order to prevent a tactic against an opponent that's stronger than you and scales better than you, aaaaaaand...
Not fix Udyr.
udyr can't be fixed because of this new unit collision that we have since jayce patch and the amount of slows everyone has now. He will be forever kited like nasus, but atleast nasus has a ranged slow in wither.

This new support item is probably the worst idea i've heard, i main junglers and i cried a little thinking about killing bot lane if i'm not strong enough to dive or not have oracles early ( which wont happen now because full tanks are being phased out and you will need items to jungle again like s1).

My other concern is in s1 the jungle was rewarding for being hard pre wriggles, can we expect the same thing or are we still going to just be the same lvl as the ad all game and not closer to solo lanes xp? will we get more gold? With the removal of heart of gold how is someone like naut supposed to jungle? Is every physical jungler outside nunu expected to get wriggles now?

Aphoristic

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-10-2012

Chalice of Harmony is still listed as a recommended item on some ADs like Pantheon and Miss Fortune. Is there any chance of there being an AD upgrade path for this item?

Izzabelle

11-10-2012

Xyph, do you think Sightstone is going to be forced on all supports and no one else? Or does it have build paths that benefit other champ roles, say like Jungle or Top lane -- encouraging "someone" to get it, but not forcing that someone to be the Support in 100% of cases.

I think it's a great item that will really help supports, but it'll still be a terrible thing if as a support you are forced to build this item for your team 100% of the time.

Xypherous

Systems Designer

11-10-2012
47 of 56 Riot Posts

Quote:
@Xypherous will ionic spark still be available in dominion since it was originally made for dominion and was one of the crossover items?
If people really want it in Dominion, maybe? It'd be up to Nome in the end I think.

Quote:
Xyph, do you think Sightstone is going to be forced on all supports and no one else? Or does it have build paths that benefit other champ roles, say like Jungle or Top lane -- encouraging "someone" to get it, but not forcing that someone to be the Support in 100% of cases.

I think it's a great item that will really help supports, but it'll still be a terrible thing if as a support you are forced to build this item for your team 100% of the time.
This definitely came up more than once during development - but we essentially weighed how evil pigeonholing supports into this item versus pigeonholing them into buying a stack of wards and decided that Sightstone was the lesser of the two evils.

I suspect that an aggressive counter-jungler might actually get huge mileage out of the item - but I can't be sure. In short, it's probably likely that your support gets forced into buying this 100% of the time - but at least it's an item - rather than a stack of wards.

Quote:
Chalice of Harmony is still listed as a recommended item on some ADs like Pantheon and Miss Fortune. Is there any chance of there being an AD upgrade path for this item?
I tried really hard to make one - but it kept fighting with Manamune for dominance.

So instead I just tried to focus on making Manamune better.

Lord Drevin

11-10-2012

The thing I don't think Xyph sees about the outrage from community about MBR is that they are removing the AS from the item. The old MBR gave a lot of carries the option of going Kogmaw style if the need ever arose, say mf vs mundo or just varus for the synergy.

The whole thing that made MBR work well in the first place was having that AS steroid. That's why you saw Kogmaw and Nunu in competitive play.

I hope they take a look at the amount of disappointment coming from the community and decide against shoving it down our throats.

TinyShrimpFan

11-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
If people really want it in Dominion, maybe? It'd be up to Nome in the end I think.
Yes we do

We like to play with fun items in games

Or are you against anti fun like morello

dsofsof

11-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
We should be happy for this. MBR was a trap item - it is never, in any circumstances, the buy, as any character or against any opponent. If you were building this item, you've been weaker each game as a result. Same with Ionic spark (except maybe for Shen or Kayle).
ok, did anyone see wicked on clg.eu dominate with ionic spark at mlg on Irelia?

i tried his ionic spark rush irelia build since then and am now at 68% win rate with irelia in 35+ games from 50%rate at 10 games, ranked at 1400-1500 elo... 1st day I saw the build, I played 10 games, rushed ionic spark every one and won 9 of 10. It was like wriggles on crack for irelia.

NotBuzzJack

11-10-2012

Wait so you replied to some mana toggle ability thing related to manamune, but I can't find where you mentioned anything about manamune. Little help?

Senario

11-10-2012

I'm loving most of the changes but I'm a bit concerned about the balance of several of the champs I play. With so many changes things can become drastically weaker or stronger if they are difficult to balance.

For example I'm not sure what other AP items you are changing or adding but Vladimir is one of my favorite champions and I'm just worried that the changes will either make his overall power weaker/UP. Or make him too powerful and in for even more nerfs. Neither of which I like as an outcome since I think he is in a good spot (although I didn't agree with the last base dmg nerf on E).

Other concerns would be obviously support, losing HoG feels bad and I'm not sure on sightstone. How does it "stack" new wards? On recall? walking on the fountain? Couldn't you just keep pressing recall for more charges every 6 min? Or walk off and on the fountain for more charges?

Edit: Forgot shen, Ionic spark was one of my favorite items on him. As you said it synergizes. I really am a bit adverse to tiamat because of how typically bad it is...I can't see a rework doing much for it's usefulness for wave clear. So the removal of Ionic spark kinda sucks ):.

On the plus side Locket might actually be more useful now but how do you deal with new items when you have staples such as Aegis/Shurelia's on Support. Zekes if you ever get there, and locket/ranudins (usually randuin's currently).

Keep up the good work. Hopefully everybody's favorite champs stay relatively good. Regardless of how much "skill" or how "complicated" the champion is. Simplicity is good and can be fun for your average player in my opinion.