Statikk Discusses Preseason Jungle Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sanctumbra

11-10-2012

Will this give rise in the prominence or overall typicality of early game teamfights?

zilentworld

11-10-2012

in your internal test, how many junglers can still start with boots? (I can only think of ww,nunu and lee sin if he is going for early ganks).

Will Hunter's Machete be a must buy item for junglers? or will we still see different starting items for them?

How much does Spirit stone cost? if it is <=475, can junglers start with that item and be safe for at least two clears before going back?

Berivik

11-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statikk View Post
Hunter's Machete's % damage increase affects all physical and magic damage done to monsters, so yes it includes most spells (unless they deal true damage).
So no increased damage nunu consumes then ? Also how does Nunu fair in the new jungle?

124325yt

11-10-2012

Jungle monsters now attack the nearest target rather than attempting to chase their original attacker to make their behavior more consistent

Doesnt this mean leashing doesnt work anymore?

supsupsupsup

11-10-2012

I wonder how Twitch will be... his remake made his jungling worse, but not impossible. Will these changes hit him too hard?

Sanctumbra

11-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 124325yt View Post
Jungle monsters now attack the nearest target rather than attempting to chase their original attacker to make their behavior more consistent

Doesnt this mean leashing doesnt work anymore?
Click the "Next Riot Post" button to get some answers to common questions. No, leashing won't work.

Statikk

Live Balance Designer

11-10-2012
27 of 48 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zilentworld View Post
in your internal test, how many junglers can still start with boots? (I can only think of ww,nunu and lee sin if he is going for early ganks).

Will Hunter's Machete be a must buy item for junglers? or will we still see different starting items for them?

How much does Spirit stone cost? if it is <=475, can junglers start with that item and be safe for at least two clears before going back?
Not many champions can safely start Boots (nor do they want to). Champions that come to mind that could be added to your above list are Shaco, Cho'Gath, Xin Zhao, and Udyr. I'm sure there's others as well.

Though if you are going for a quick early gank gambit (for example Wraiths -> Red -> Level 2 gank) you can probably open up the list a bit more, but that's certainly very risky.

Hunter's Machete is probably going to be the default start for most junglers.

Spirit Stone is intended be able to be bought on your first back if you've done a full Level 4 clear. It's currently sitting at a price of 800g.

Black Voltage

Master Recruiter

11-10-2012

coolio

XuWarrior

11-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statikk View Post
Hunter's Machete's % damage increase affects all physical and magic damage done to monsters, so yes it includes most spells (unless they deal true damage).

The Spirit Stone itself provides Mana Regen and the upgrade focused more towards casters provides even more Mana Regen if you are looking for more of it.

I agree that Skarner's jungle clears may be a bit too mana hungry along with other champions such as Hecarim. If we need to reduce early mana costs for these champions to keep them viable, then we'll do it.

Dear Statikk So why not back to old "pre nerf skarner" 15 mana cost per Q spam.
Because he supposed to spam that skill ?

Or maby give him that 15 mana at early/mid game and at late game increase it. Im not knowledge guy , but i think you nerfed him Q becasye he was clearing jungle to fast and for low cost of mana.

Now jungle will be back to "old school" so maby back to 15 mana per q would be reasonable ?

Kittal

11-10-2012

This might seem out of nowhere. But with farm junglers becoming stronger, is there any chance for Mordekaiser to be able to jungle? He can clear camps at an awesome speed, but Spirit Stone gives mana regen, so I don't know if jungle itemisation does anything for manaless mages.