Statikk Discusses Preseason Jungle Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yo mama simply

11-10-2012

I'd counter jungle Sejuani all day to get free FB since she'd probably have like 50hp left when she finish her wolf and blue after change lol.

NineTailedCharm

11-10-2012

Make changes to Shaco season 3!!! he has always been nerfed that no one uses him anymore. changes to shaco, fix mechanics , fix clone

MrBubbIes0

11-10-2012

WAIT WAIT !

So that means jungle Skarner is USELESS now ??? His Q is AOE , his E totally useless. He is already mana starving enough with the current jungle so with the buff to jungle monsters he'll be out of mana as soon as he kills wolves...

So, it's fair to assume jungle skarner is ruined ?

And how does this balances mid laners ? Now with jungle creeps giving more gold and XP if your midlane farms Wraths and wolves he'll have a huge advantage over the enemy mid laner. So S3 jungle is Mordekaiser's and Karthus jungle ?

hue

SSG RAWR

11-10-2012

King Tryndamere has returned.

IS13f753f426e64c

11-10-2012

Will there be any buffs/tweaks regarding to champions like Twitch to make him viable in the jungle again? I mean you say that the monster camps are getting buffs in terms of damage and health, and while Twitch was already extremely weak in the jungle after his remake (and buffs), this is totally gonna destroy him.

He has no sustain, no strong AoE or Single target damage so it will be even more useless to ever pick him in the jungle. I wont venture into his laning as this is about the jungle.

So will there be any changes for him?

- Also on a side note, I know Shaco can clear first runs with virtually full health but will there be any changes regarding post 1st run clearing? To put down JitB's to keep Shaco on a safe level will be extremely time consuming and he will fall apart due to the increased damage of the camps after his JitB's die?

iUsed2bJesus

11-10-2012

they are ruining the game. won't see any nerfs to katarina because she's as broke as they want her. also they are going to continue favoring Ad dps champs as always cuz that's what phreak likes to play. i do not like the changes one bit, but they don't care about everyone, just as long as the solo top doesn't get ganked.

iUsed2bJesus

11-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedEyedWolv View Post
Hope u make awesome junglers
that's all they make anymore

Chilly Phoenix

11-10-2012

So in seaon 3, can you level up to 2 after doing a double golemns start? I hope not because the level 2 jungler bush camp at 1: 55 was not fun back in season 1. (even as a jungler because season 1 jungle was destroyed at season 2 mainly due to this reason)

HagenEx

11-10-2012

Changes look promising, but it feels like my favorite jungler is getting screwed. Skarner is gonna suffer a lot at early levels, basically running out of mana without blue buff. I wanted to know, is there an item that builds out of the hunter's machete that provides mana regen? And also, this % damage against jungle monsters that the item gives, does it apply to auto attacks only or also to magic damage/abilities? Cause if it does apply to abilities then I guess im ok.

Statikk

Live Balance Designer

11-10-2012
26 of 48 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HagenEx View Post
Changes look promising, but it feels like my favorite jungler is getting screwed. Skarner is gonna suffer a lot at early levels, basically running out of mana without blue buff. I wanted to know, is there an item that builds out of the hunter's machete that provides mana regen? And also, this % damage against jungle monsters that the item gives, does it apply to auto attacks only or also to magic damage/abilities? Cause if it does apply to abilities then I guess im ok.
Hunter's Machete's % damage increase affects all physical and magic damage done to monsters, so yes it includes most spells (unless they deal true damage).

The Spirit Stone itself provides Mana Regen and the upgrade focused more towards casters provides even more Mana Regen if you are looking for more of it.

I agree that Skarner's jungle clears may be a bit too mana hungry along with other champions such as Hecarim. If we need to reduce early mana costs for these champions to keep them viable, then we'll do it.