Item Preview Dust Sweeping

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

M3TASH33P

Senior Member

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalShade View Post
Thank you for taking the time to talk with us.

How does hybrid itemization look now? I love kayle, akali, jax, and even hybrid fizz but i find the choices lacking.
Thats because akali shouldnt go hybrid

Plus, jax is fine XD


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Udajit

Senior Member

11-09-2012

Xypherous, I'll ask one more time. What did you mean by the "TANK VERSION OF SHEEN"?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Color Deaf

Senior Member

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Udajit View Post
Xypherous, I'll ask one more time. What did you mean by the "TANK VERSION OF SHEEN"?
A version of sheen that would give health/armor/mr with a similar passive.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ImmortalShade

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3TASH33P View Post
Thats because akali shouldnt go hybrid

Plus, jax is fine XD
depends on the game but if it goes long enough the synergy between a deathcap and a bloodthirster with the gunblade in the mix is really scary, you can end up with her passive doubling her auto attack dmg.

200 effective dmg from a stacked thirster, thats scary.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Holy Hershey

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Member

11-09-2012

I am actually beyond excited for Blade of the Ruined King + Hextech Gunblade stacking on Jax, Going to be so imba! Excited to see the ap equivalent of the bilgewater cutlass, i believe you guys said something about some ap items giving cc. Any more hints on this?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Adinsx

Member

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beverice View Post
Why does it have such high winrates in the lolking chart then? Statistics cant be wrong
Well, lolking recently overhauled their database, so any statistics on the site are based on a very small sample size at the moment.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheTreeGod

Junior Member

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
Same problem - Health and GP/10 aren't statistics that mix well to create interesting gameplay. You incur advantage by not doing anything and you simultaneously make every course of action harder for the opponent.

Contrast, Philosopher's stone - which helps you gain advantage passively but exposes a weakness in your build - the lack of any health or Sightstone, which gives you a temporary advantage (vision) and permanent utility (more vision) but you're not getting stronger versus the opponent.
Sightstone is going to be MORE broken than HoG ever was. It serves almost the exact same purpose except even better all while you do get stronger, you get stronger because very quickly no matter what lane you are in Sightstone pays for itself and starts giving you bonus money because it's money you didn't have to spend (or even worse lose by dying to a gank.).

If a laner could afford to survive while holding on to HoG. They can afford to live with Sightstone where as a biproduct their lane becomes ungankable and after 15 minutes they are making money IF the enemy didn't get oracles(in which case it becomes cost efficient even faster because they still are not spending more to keep replacing the vision they lose like the would have had to in the past).

All of this comes to an absolute head once your Top/Jungler/Support pick it up and every jungle exit is warded and bot and top lane are lane warded and suddenly the game changes completely and you're better off playing Udyr in a game of PVE with a Philo, A sightstone, and an oracles... no human contact. Just farming, warding, and clearing wards and being perfectly fine because you're udyr. But don't worry there always other options just as easy to substitute in this pve plan. Nunu/Shyv/etc/etc/etc They all work just as well at this new pve jungle clearing game created by Sightstone, the new most broken thing in this game.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xypherous

Systems Designer

11-09-2012
33 of 56 Riot Posts

Quote:
If Ionic Spark's 4-hit-proc is such a harsh condition for damage and needs to be fixed for it to be, you could say viable, why is the second passive of TF left untouched? His Stacked Deck is pretty much the Sword of the Divine with nerfed values on attack speed with a more reliable proc (that has a ratio).
It's true that ranged characters find the autoattack counting much less punishing on them - However, the other problems kind of fall in line here to attack it on ranged - Do I need Health, which is good early but poor late? What kind of character am I? Do I have better scaling on my ranged attack than this proc? Etc.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ignus Panthera

Senior Member

11-09-2012

Hey Xypherous, you said that it would be a simple Ruby Crystal that would be needed to upgrade/make Randuin's Omen. what about replacing the slot of Heart of Gold with a Kindlegem? same amount of health, you'd get a little more cooldown out of it for a few gold pieces more?

i'm just posting this because it seems like a good idea to me. thoughts?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Illyriomysterio

Senior Member

11-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
We're doing a change (or a bugfix, depending on your point of view) on both Warwick and Malzahar. Their ultimates will be treated like leashes... because they kind of are. (You can't QSS leashes. You can only break them via distance.)

What this means is that QSS will break the stunning effect on you but until you get out of range of them, it won't cancel the damage and other effects these characters will be doing. Malzahar will get his full Nether Grasp until they break the leash and Warwick typically gets 2 (maybe 3) more swipes before the target walks away.
Malzahar was the character I first really fell in love with, so thank you.