Item Preview Dust Sweeping

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Slayer1557

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeGodly View Post
what about players who based on attack speed to deal damage like pheonix udyr/irelia/teemo/kayle/shyvana/xin zhao/kogmaw nad others... how will champions be able to stack attack speed without ionic spark and MBR? these items were "noob traps" but for attack speed based champion they were th core, they were the best way to stack attack speed for not ADC champions. i just dont understand why did you deleted these items and left stinger, nashor tooth, cloack and dagger and ghuinso rageblade. i mean if you will remove IS and MBR what other viable options will left for attack speed based champion?
Cloak and Dagger is being removed, as well as all the tenacity other than merc treads.

xethik

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostshard View Post
So for Skarner is there still a leash/distance to clear?... or is it just a cancel on both the suppress and damage?
I believe Skarner's damage still hits if they QSS out of it currently. That will probably still be the case. Skarner's ult is just a suppression, with initial and final damage (by this I mean you QSS it immediately and take the damage twice as normal), and you happen to move with him during the suppression. It would be quite odd if you could still act but you were dragged.

I could very well be wrong, though.

Spyke

11-09-2012

How will the change to QSS's interaction with surpressions being treated as leashes affect Morgana?

While her ulti isn't a surpression, it can be used during the first part of her ulti to break the "leash" which ultimately results in the stun.

TheLazyGent

11-09-2012

You say if youmuu's was good as if you want to, are, or already have adjusted it. If yes to either of these, what do you want to do with it? Make it a melee ADC related item (More then it already is) cause it gives melee ADC's the option to build Avarice blade and slightly be ahead of their ranged counterparts in terms of gold. Make it for ADCasters? Just what do you have planned for our beautiful blossom katana?

Lostshard

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by xethik View Post
I believe Skarner's damage still hits if they QSS out of it currently. That will probably still be the case. Skarner's ult is just a suppression, with initial and final damage, and you happen to move with him during the suppression. It would be quite odd if you could still act but you were dragged.
Twas just curious since the change from suppression to leashing... since it does not quite fit the other 3 suppression champions.

Lostshard

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyke View Post
How will the change to QSS's interaction with surpressions being treated as leashes affect Morgana?

While her ulti isn't a surpression, it can be used during the first part of her ulti to break the "leash" which ultimately results in the stun.
QSS does not break the leash... it breaks the stuns. So for morgana ult you still need to clear the distance

xethik

11-09-2012

I think the big thing is that they are changing Warwick and Malz, not QSS. So any QSS questions are honestly not how they rework the item (which they likely won't) and more based on who they rework the abilities of.

HaIfhearted

11-09-2012

I would still like to know your thoughts on Rabadons Deathcap.

I personally see the item as being overly strong and dictating the build paths of many ranged APs, as it is simply a "must-have" item in most scenarios.

Some mages like Brand or Rumble have the base damage necessary to get away with a tankier build that relies on magic penetration and base vales for damage instead of overwhelming AP, but it seems that all "modern" mages are forced to buy Deathcap to make their damage relevant.

Do you have any plans to address this? Are you fine with the current state of mage itemization?
Or would the rebalancing of mages after the change/possible removal of Deathcap be too big of a pain to justify changing it?

Danage

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
We're doing a change (or a bugfix, depending on your point of view) on both Warwick and Malzahar. Their ultimates will be treated like leashes... because they kind of are. (You can't QSS leashes. You can only break them via distance.)

What this means is that QSS will break the stunning effect on you but until you get out of range of them, it won't cancel the damage and other effects these characters will be doing. Malzahar will get his full Nether Grasp until they break the leash and Warwick typically gets 2 (maybe 3) more swipes before the target walks away.
This... has... mixed... emotions...

It was kind of like the old Malzahar:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhOXv20S1SU at 0:50
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HleHqQMII0 at 2:35

Not like the new one (where ult has infinite range but QSS stops it completely):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEouHN28eJM at 1:28

What was the reason for this change??

KevinDelMarr

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
We're doing a change (or a bugfix, depending on your point of view) on both Warwick and Malzahar. Their ultimates will be treated like leashes... because they kind of are. (You can't QSS leashes. You can only break them via distance.)

What this means is that QSS will break the stunning effect on you but until you get out of range of them, it won't cancel the damage and other effects these characters will be doing. Malzahar will get his full Nether Grasp until they break the leash and Warwick typically gets 2 (maybe 3) more swipes before the target walks away.
One thing I've suggested a long time ago is that Malz's Ultimate is a leash, where both are Suppressed, but at any time Malz is interrupted through hard CC or hitting R again, the suppression breaks but the leash still is active. The idea is that Malz can use the time to lock down a target (say at a tower or by your team) at the cost of movement or casting other abilities, or Malz can break it, still move and cast spells while leashed, at the cost of the leashed target escaping. Would technically be a real change/buff, but it seemed to be a strong alternative to an easily countered spell

Also, will QSS keep it's current cost?