Item Preview Dust Sweeping

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Danage

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2012

Xypherous, Can you take a look at Quicksilver Sash?? It's great because it can remove stuns and CC (taunts, slows, etc), but it shouldn't remove suppression.

EDIT: If you want stats and other info, you can check out my thread here: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2383978

IS14841afae8de23ce94dd0

11-09-2012

Xypherous, is there a change on the way for Guardian Angel?

HawksGoCAW

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
Eh. I'm not sure. Phantom Dancer will always be a good option, in my opinion - and there's nothing wrong with that. However, there's one or two items that let you specialize into more burst damage than PD at the cost of sustained damage.
Phantom Dancer being a good item isn't a bad thing (after all, why would I want a bad item?). But I think Phantom Dancer is too good of an item. It provides the most attack speed and crit chance in the game. It's also incredibly cheap for what it does. Aside from IE and Tri-Force, all other crit items pale in comparison. Even the ones with a useful niche, like Executioner's Calling, are completely overshadowed by the sheer efficiency and damage increase provided by PD. Throw in the move speed bonus and there's really no contest.

I understand that you're now saying that you're going to reduce the cost efficiency, but I don't think that does enough to increase the viability of other items it competes with.

Additionally, it's always bothered me that AD carries get to transition more easily into their PD by means of building zeal where fighters going for Wit's End have to save up for a huge Recurve Bow. Shouldn't it be the other way around?

WavesBlade

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by WavesBlade View Post
What...

Are you talking Trinity force here or something new?

Ghostface Killah

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
We should be happy for this. MBR was a trap item - it is never, in any circumstances, the buy, as any character or against any opponent. If you were building this item, you've been weaker each game as a result. Same with Ionic spark (except maybe for Shen or Kayle).
I do agree that MBR was a trap item but dam I can't rush it anymore on shaco when i'm ahead for the instant barron pressure and solo potential

Gaspump

11-09-2012

Hey Xyph, It's awesome to see you active in this discussion!

For my actual question: I'm fairly sure I read something about more active items coming in s3 and possibly some of them with cc effects. If this is the case, will we be seeing mostly actives like Blade of the Ruined King's, or is there any chance we'll see some actual cc for champions whose kits don't have them? Something like a 1/2 second silence on a moderate cooldown would be an interesting active, especially if you find your team lacking Crowd control.

Libra Man

11-09-2012

On a somewhat related note are the item changes and jungle changes suuposed to shift the meta away from 4 people starting boots on each team?

Teraxe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2012

I am gonna ask a ridiculously stupid question.

If Ionic Spark and MBR were so bad, why not just buff them?

LightEcho

11-09-2012

On the topic of noob traps what about recurve bow and how it can't builds into any viable items for ad carries, is that going to change?

M3TASH33P

11-09-2012

I though S3s big thing was about AD carry Itemization... we gonna see some of that xyph?

Its almost 12:00, you can leak some more stuff now

Edit: oh the irony of the post below me.