Item Preview Dust Sweeping

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

kyanos

11-09-2012

problem is if you have a more permanent true sight item tied to the character, it makes assassins useless, moreso than warding does.

MBR is an item that shreds pretty much everything equally. it is best against outright health tanks (who have 60-70% damage redux tops) and has seperate synergy from the standard items, which make it useful if you are playing an auto-attack heavy AP based character. its not really designed for use with AD chars, though it can be used for that.

Steven Mcburn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gespens View Post
MBR is a tank shred item that doesn't really shred tanks.
Ionic Spark is an item that just doesn't make sense for what it does.
An item that synergizes well with tanky dps (metagolem) items and gives you teamfight presence if you're a metagolem without aoe doesn't do its job well or make sense?

Just because pros only recently started using it doesn't mean it's been bad forever, it simply means they weren't using it.

Xypherous

Systems Designer

11-09-2012
17 of 56 Riot Posts

Quote:
Xypherous, why you are on the topic of trap items, are we still going to be keeping the stackable items?
SotO / Mejai / Leviathan you mean?

Out of these items, Mejai's is the only one that actually works in the current state of the game, I believe. Levi's core concept I think isn't very salvage-able, unfortunately - being a defensive snowball item kind of fights itself in so many ways.

Although whenever I think about SoTO - it should work for the same reason that Mejai's works - but it's never materialized. Like, there's enough AP casters who are so safe that opting into extra risk for additional power is a great contexual buy, like Lux or Eve, for example... but there's no parallel in the AD world.

Haroovitnir

11-09-2012

i guess i am going to have to enjoy the time i have left with my current naut build now that ionic spark is going away.

and on a side note thank you Xypherous for the explanations rather then the usual "deal with it"attitude exhibited by many other companies.

kyanos

11-09-2012

i think ima get off this topic and just hope that i've made some points which will influence the decisions being made with the items... i really dont see a good end for the patch based off the info i have right now...

Xypherous

Systems Designer

11-09-2012
18 of 56 Riot Posts

Quote:
i think ima get off this topic and just hope that i've made some points which will influence the decisions being made with the items... i really dont see a good end for the patch based off the info i have right now...
To speak to your concern - FoN's passive will be on another item. It's an awesome passive, it just has nothing to do with why you want MR/MS a lot of the time.

The Brolar Bear

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2012

Is Ionic spark really that weak given that it also has attack speed on it? I've always known it was a weaker item, but I've been using it a lot on Irelia lately, and I've really done well with it. Is that simply because Irelia scales so well with cheap attack speed?

Amarathval

11-09-2012

I wonder if we are going to get a -Armor aura again like the old Starks.

Pimpinabox

11-09-2012

HoG removed, unless the new ward item is better than it sounds, this ruins low hp support champs, especially since Sona just had an hp nerf.

BlueOctave

11-09-2012

Xypherous, one of the primary reasons you gave for removing Ionic Spark was that it was a niche item that was too similar to items such as Wit's End. But in my opinion there are plenty more niche items than the ones that you listed in this thread, so I am not counting that as a valid reason. (Especially considering you want to expand diversity in builds...which is what niche items do.)

So my question is, what item should tanks build to increase their DPS efficiently when there aren't many if any AP champs on the other team?