Should madreds be removed?

No! 314 36.55%
Yes! 545 63.45%
Voters: 859. You may not vote on this poll

Petition: Don't remove Madred's Bloodrazor

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NotBuzzJack

11-09-2012

Well since you won't tell us what Statikk Shiv does, could you tell us what champions really like it? Or who's recommended build it might wind up in?

Kraemer

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Malady is one of the best pieces of current AS/On-hit builds. It's good!!
Remember when Malady built from vampiric scepters? My On-Hit Cho'Gath from beta remembers it...

BeastBox

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by serratedblade View Post
Morello , i made this most on other thread a few days ago, so you are wrong. plus you guys said you wanted more itemization. this restricts me build AD on kayle all the time now. I played around 200 games with on-hit kayle with 60% win rate... I am mad cause you are restricting builds Morello.
Question: if Madred's was so core to an AS/On-Hit build .... weren't you already restricted?

And just for fun, why do you think Statikk Shiv will be worse?

Fox P McCloud

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2012

Morello, any chance atma's is going to be buffed in S3 so it's not really bad, as it currently is?

Skoron

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2012

Quote:
No, you're really mad because you think that's what happened - contrary to the fact that you've been building ineffective AS/On-hit builds by including Madred's at all. Basically, we just buffed you personally.
I was actually a big fan of Madred's on WW (as like a 5th/6th item of course). I agree that it was overpriced for its overall damage, but couldn't you have just removed the pickaxe from the recipe and lowered the AD instead?

I guess what I really want to ask is, with the removal of several of the on-hit items (Ionic Spark and Madreds) how are on-hit builds going to be viable in S3, or are they being phased out completely in favor of pure AD builds? Blade of the Ruined King just doesn't really synergize well with an on-hit build, as it gives no attack speed, the proc effect actually gets weaker as the target gets lower health, and the active scales off AD.

serratedblade

11-09-2012

Quote:
there are now 2 on-hit items in the shop that we know of right now. malady and wits end. with the removal of MBR witch was bad cause it had AD and no scaling . and Ionic spark witch had great synergy with other AS / on-hit items.

Koechophe

11-09-2012

Hey, morello, let me ask this:

Why would you build Blade of the Ruined king on attack speed focused paths (aka, lulu) when the blade is reliant upon ad and offers no attack speed?

And can you PLEASE confirm that the other new item AT LEAST adds attack speed? You guys kind of killed two attack speed items, which, if the replacements are viable for item proc builds, I'll be fine with. However, I'm worried...

Also, I am honored that you commented on my post =D

Morello

Lead Designer

11-09-2012
7 of 7 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by serratedblade View Post
Morello , i made this most on other thread a few days ago, so you are wrong. plus you guys said you wanted more itemization. this restricts me build AD on kayle all the time now. I played around 200 games with on-hit kayle with 60% win rate... I am mad cause you are restricting builds Morello.
Well, sorry for possibly making your win-rate go up. Not every item is a good idea, and more != better, more options that actually make sense and give you real choice is.

We're going to have to agree to disagree. Madred's is an inefficient item and you should never buy it, unless your goal is to weaken your character.

Your win rate is likely you outplaying your opponents despite your subpar build.

Thryale

11-09-2012

malady is good, but it feels like a wasted slot late game. Is there any plans to fix this?

Salamander Joe

11-09-2012

Quote:
Morello I miss old maladyyyy

Are we ever going to get an AS+Lifesteal item ever again?